Tow your bike

Rob the Dog

Been looking at www.bikelug.co.uk Now that is some piece of kit! Anyone know how you insure them and their cargo ? Is it more car insurance, or Is it more bike insurance ? or is it a bit of both ? :D

Re: Tow your bike

As you say a good bit of kit,here Treales Trailers :: Motorcycle Trailers - the foldaway motorcycle trailer is a quality engineered, robust and yet easy to assemble piece of equipment. is another company that does the same sort of trailers,i think they may be a tad dearer.I have been pondering about this for a while,i like the fold away idea as i am restricted for space,how much are tow bars,could be the downside for me as i think they look out of place on small cars like i have,alright if one has a 4x4.

My mate got transported back on one of these trailers and he said he was astounded when the AA turned up with a small van and the guy proceded to build the trailer in a matter of minutes.

As for the insurance i am unsure of this question,i guess they need to be told as you could be towing your ?15k hog with a ?1k old banger,if involved in a accident i am sure they'll go out of their way to avoid payment.

Steve

Been looking at www.bikelug.co.uk Now that is some piece of kit! Anyone know how you insure them and their cargo ? Is it more car insurance, or Is it more bike insurance ? or is it a bit of both ? :D
They are brilliantly made and the guy who makes them is really helpful. The fron wheel lock option is really good, I managed to load and unload a Road King on my own without any help.

On the down side - they don't fit Road Kings:frown: The silencers and panniers catch and really it's a fraction short for big Harleys. Try one before you buy.

My bike insurance covers towing a bike trailer (no extra premium), or car insurance when I tow with a car. Check with your insurance company

Steve, I too dont want my car to look like a caravan lugger, bosal is a tow hitch company that makes products that fold away and also detach, so the car looks as if it never had one fitted when not in use.

Just a quick one............be careful where you put those straps, you'd be surprised how abrasive they are ( they can easily remove paint and chrome ), I've been told you can't use a strap through the wheels as it damages the rims and don't pull it down via the handlebars as it wrecks the soft bushes in the top yoke ( far to many years as a recovery operator ) :169B9ADF431545348BC

Back