traffic joining motorway - when did the law change requiring suicide?

Re: traffic joining motorway - when did the law change requiring suicide?

Personally I try to move into the middle lane on the motorway when approaching an on slip road - I find it's courteous to let people on and also a survival tactic as I can avoid the idiots who join too fast or too slow....

Steve

Good common sense. Sadly a rare commodity.

Of greater concern is the rapid move to DUMB motorways that have no hard shoulder. Imagine a puncture on a dark wet night.

i believe the poor use of slip roads in recent years has proliferated due to people moving over to let people on.
the driver who is joining from a slip road nowadays mistakenly believes that they have the right of way because of this practice regardless of whether there is another vehicle in the middle lane.

Id agree with that - "Give Way" has become "Get out of my way!" in practice.

A van driver is fined almost ?1000 and gets five penalty points after being convicted in court of 'hogging' the middle lane of a motorway.

He did not turn up in court, what's the chance that the fine will not get paid? :grumpy:

Bloody GREAT about time too. :D

Motorist becomes first convicted of hogging motorway middle lane

A van driver is fined almost ?1000 and gets five penalty points after being convicted in court of 'hogging' the middle lane of a motorway.

:triumphant: :applause: :cheerful:

Hoping many more on the Cards ..... we'll all be safer then I Hope !!
You can't educate those that can't drive "Steering wheel attendants" (but try to by staying in the middle lane on Motorways) or expect them to know what a Hi-way Code book is let alone understand what's in it !!
Recently on our way from oop norf I can say I tried to do my bit along with other like minded drivers, trying to educate some of em (without bullying, dangerous driving or disrespect.)
I hasten to say not many heeded our efforts &/or totally ignored Gantry "Keep left unless Overtaking" signs. (First time I can recall ever seeing this after 45 years of Driving or Highways) except North of the Border !!
Gantry's in my opinion should be displaying more Information like this to try n educate these morons that don't have a clue or just don't have a clue n helping to keep us all safe too ....
I'm always finding myself driving defensively whether on me Trike or in me Truck n am sick n tired of these morons putting us all in danger .....
I've also driven in Europe were lots of roads are Dual carriageways (the norm) n it works, why not here with 3 or 4 lanes each side..
What next Ten lanes each side n even more Morons n more congestion !!

when two wheels ain't enough .... Time to get three me thinks !!

Back