True Duals

C

Clive_Frog

I've just ordered a set of True Duals for my Springer Classic......................
I opted for the TCC duals that use all the existing header pipes and end cans, and come in at around $300 incl P&P.

Has anybody fitted these before ?
I'm expecting a modest drop in low end torque, but I reckon it looks a lot cleaner in the design stakes.
I just couldn't understand why HD used an over complex implementation with all that extra plumbing on the standard system.
From a gas flow perspective it doesn't look pretty, though no doubt it produces the desired level of back pressure.

Re: True Duals

Exhaust pipe design is truely a black art and is a major factor in reducing flat spots and providing a good scavenge effect to ensure the intake stroke is full of fresh, uncontaminated air before compression ( similar effect to the old 2 strokes) this is typcally achieveed by the cross over pipe between the two cyliners pipes. As well as engine perfromance, the design has to meet ever stricter noise emission so I would make sure that you stash your standard pipes somewhere safe as you may be obliged to refit them for the MOTs.

From my lilmited understandind the best configuation for exhaust pipe design is 2 into 1

R

S:cool:

Re: True Duals

flstsci said:
I've just ordered a set of True Duals for my Springer Classic......................
I opted for the TCC duals that use all the existing header pipes and end cans, and come in at around $300 incl P&P.

Has anybody fitted these before ?
I'm expecting a modest drop in low end torque, but I reckon it looks a lot cleaner in the design stakes.
I just couldn't understand why HD used an over complex implementation with all that extra plumbing on the standard system.
From a gas flow perspective it doesn't look pretty, though no doubt it produces the desired level of back pressure.
'Emission' and noise levels, that's why.
It'll certainly breathe better and be easier to tune. With the cross over, most of the exhaust comes out of the right hand pipe. Put a pair of V&H ovals on it too:D

Back