Ully

chopper

Club Member
So got my new Ully - its actually 9 months old but hey its new to me- so what do i have to do to it, any "have to" mods needed?

Its already got a stage1 with a remus pipe on it (sounds feckin great) and full buell luggage.
Just bought a slightly larger screen for it as well to aid with the wind flow

What else is needed if anything, must say at the moment i am loving it its great fun, a real change from the softail which i think is what i needed.

couple of things i have noticed so far is that its a bit lumpy from the off when cold and the gearbox is very tight (been told they are like that?)
Also i find the rear brake leaver a bit awkward to get to keep missing it, same with the gear lever, maybe just need to get used to it i guess

Will a power commander or the Remus fuel map things sort the lumpiness

just hoping to get out and stick some miles on it now:60277EB7B04744289C0

Re: Ully

Nice work! The more i think about it the more i think i should have a Uly, it would do 2 up and be a great bike for a blast in the country aswell.
If the Uly is like the lightning you'll find the gears and brakes are the same as a jap bike with regard position so you'll get used to it, but very different from a softy.
This site has some good links and if you click in UK BEG link it will take you to the Buell forum. There's some good guys on there who have good knowledge.

DO NOT get a power commander or the remus fuel map ,
total waste of money on the XB , save your money.:D
UKBEG have a lead an the software to alter your ECU , an the lads will help you set it up, costs about ?30 all up:D
a K&N is nice ?35 have a look on flea bay.
Have a look round the tech threads on UKBEG.

just registered on UKBEG so ta for the point in the right direction!

Bike already has the remus powerizer thingy (found it under the seat:smile:) and a K+N, also fitted the slightly taller screen today and took the side panniers and the frames off until i need to use them. Love the look of the bike without the bags on i must say

Also sold my other bike today (Yam XT660X) so now on the look out for a cheap sporty or project bike to fill my time with now i have the Ully

Well done Chopper. The Uly is a crackin' bike. Get a Freespirits belt tensioner here Free Spirits Modified Belt Tensioner & some auxillery lights. the standards are shite. Then add stuff as you need it.

Mines become a Mule.

loaded.jpg

Mick, did you make a bracket for Aux lights or did you buy one from somewhere??
Cant make my mind up between some aux lights and getting a HID conversion for the stock lights

Also i see you have the little infill bit by your right thigh thats supposed to stop the heat, does it work?

Chopper

The lights have homemade brackets. You can get the infills on ebay here.

eBay Motors: Buell XB12X Ulysses Air Flow Cover Kit (item 280263580931 end time Sep-11-08 09:23:58 PDT)

GRBrown

The lifetime belt thing sounds good, but you will find some break in as little as 5000 miles & some last 50,000 miles.

The stock Buell belt tensioner is designed to keep the belt under constant tension, except it doesn?t! When the suspension is completely unloaded, such as when pulling stoppies or even braking hard, the tension is increased to an alarming degree, which can actually damage belts, wheel bearings and pulley bearings. This spring loaded item is designed to maintain a tension of 10.5kg regardless and will help lengthen belt and bearing life.

Back