Vance And Hines Slip On

MarcXGA

Club Member
Well just bought a V and H slip on for my Street Rod. Someone selling one for a couple of hundred so grabbed it. Hope it will be here before the weekend so I can fit it. They sound lovely on youtube........... :)

Re: Vance And Hines Slip On

Interesting conversation with the dealer about my warranty. Slips ons won't void my warranty (but wait Mr Google says it will lol) he also asked if I was going to swap the filter! Hmm but that would involve a remap no? No sir it may not require a remap. Hmm ok then my warranty would be void if I had to remap though? Ahh now the catch.......... not if the Harley dealer does the remap...............

Now I gotta decide whether I want to change the air filter, hopefully won't need a remap. If it does they will charge around ?300 to ?400 to do it for me.!

Decisions, decisions eh!!

Its taken me some time to like the exhaust sound of a bike that I do actually like but i have to say the noise is finally growing on me.
Mind, I am feeling an un-natural draw towards MT350's as well
Post an update on what you finally do as keen to follow everything about street rods
Out of interest is there a hidden tach on the street rod or do you just thrash it to the limiter?

Last edited:

At the moment the bike is still in its breaking in period, just broke 275 miles so not pushing to hard yet. Have you changed your display on the speedo to show gears/rpm??

Flea bay got it for ?200 quid delivered. Previous owner installed it on the bike and then decided he did not like bike lol...... bonus for me at the time. I have since sold it as it was given me a massive headache when riding long distance. Looking for something that has longer exit as that one seemed to be right underneath my ear!!

Back