Vincent HRD motorcycles.

Ron

Club Member
Just watched a film on U tube about the history of Vincent's. Look for " Chasing Vincent Shadows". Some stuff in their I didn't know. About one hour long.

I love the V twin motor on the Vincent especially when fitted into a featherbed frame because I know its vintage pre 1950s but I wasn't keen on the frame set up, it was the seat perched up in the air that spoiled the plot. I came across an article a couple of years back about a guy who was manufacturing Vincent engines but like S&S they used modern manufactured items which gave great durability and reliability

Apparently Phil Irving hated this...

Vindian-Irving.jpg

Reactions: Ron
Is that a Vindian or an Indicent?
It’s a vindian! a few people post about them every now and then on the Vincent owners club forum. Theres a film called “speed is expensive” which is meant to be worth a watch too. My father bought a Vincent in 1955, I inherited it in 2003 and still have it/ride it. For a 70 odd year old bike, it handles really well!

It’s a vindian! a few people post about them every now and then on the Vincent owners club forum. Theres a film called “speed is expensive” which is meant to be worth a watch too. My father bought a Vincent in 1955, I inherited it in 2003 and still have it/ride it. For a 70 odd year old bike, it handles really well!
Which model do you own

I know the price of Vincents are dropping fast ,,
as the ones that want them are now getting to old to ride them ,,
that saying most old bikes are now dropping in value
but they 80s Jap bikes are on the up ,,,

I know the price of Vincents are dropping fast ,,
as the ones that want them are now getting to old to ride them ,,
that saying most old bikes are now dropping in value
but they 80s Jap bikes are on the up ,,,
Yep I think you are right @devon.john .

With a few exceptions the age of the buyer is very relevant to overall prices. In a nutshell it’s what was around in that generation’s teenage years. So the 50 year olds are currently buying bikes from the 1980’s and 60 year olds from the 70’s.

As the 70 year olds get into their 80’s they buy less and possibly start to consider selling, or their family do when the kick the bucket, the combination of which causes the drop in value I suppose.

But there are exceptions . Rare bikes or those with provenance always seem to hold their value…

As we see from Bonhams Auctions

Going back around six years, this collection of pieces went at auction for a staggering £91,000

Vincent parts £91,000.jpg

I find some Vincents very attractive, but the footrest hanger arrangement always spoilt the cake for me (apart from the price!). And the sound of the exhaust has never sounded as good as a Harley.

... I find some Vincents very attractive, but the footrest hanger arrangement always spoilt the cake for me (apart from the price!). And the sound of the exhaust has never sounded as good as a Harley.
Those 5 degrees make all the difference! :)

Funny to think that you could ride a Rapide on an A2 licence.

Speak of the devil (auctions), there's Black Lightning in the top most expensive three:

When I started despatch riding with 'Pony' in '76, there was an old boy driving a sidecar outfit we nick-named 'The Stagecoach'. His bike was a Black Lightning which he bought in 1947, and which he raced as a solo at one time. His day job back then was as a stills photographer at Pinewood studios. It was a well used example and had some rattles, but it went all the same. His regular goods were usually boxes of files, too large for solo bikes, basically adding to his retirement pension. I recall his name was Roy Creasey, though could be wrong.

I believe you are referring to Royce Creasey, I was an RAF apprentice at Halton with him `63 to `65 and we were both into bikes then, yes he did do some articles for bike mags.

Royce Creasey lived/lives in Bristol. His attempt at FF production was the Voyager.

Back