Vintage & Sportster rally 2016

devon.john

Club Member
well its next weekend,,,, hopefully the weather will improve a little ,,,,,

i think there one or two of us planing to make a long weekend and getting there on Thursday ,,,,

i love that area ,,,,,,,, PS Panhead Pete love to see you the weekend if your about ... if i get there early i might try and find you????

john

Re: Vintage & Sportster rally 2016

What I would ask all of you is make sure you pitch your tents to allow as many as possible on the field; feedback i'm getting is we can expect plenty coming on a fantastic variety of bikes.

I will probably be up there Thursday night myself.

What I would ask all of you is make sure you pitch your tents to allow as many as possible on the field; feedback i'm getting is we can expect plenty coming on a fantastic variety of bikes.

I will probably be up there Thursday night myself.

no problem Kev ,,,,,, been looking forward to this ,,,,,,

john

Me and Mark are coming up and may try for Thursday night too.

Can't get there till Saturday, hope there will be room for my tent still[emoji33]
Paul

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Have a great weekend folks, i'll be with the Vintage Club at Ironbridge slumming it in a Hotel , sods law these two events have clashed .
Still next year i won't be allowed in anyway, Dohh! :<(

Have a great weekend folks, i'll be with the Vintage Club at Ironbridge slumming it in a Hotel , sods law these two events have clashed .
Still next year i won't be allowed in anyway, Dohh! :<(

Whatever gave you that idea Chilly? You're a club member, you're entitled to turn up at any club event with or without a Harley. If you feel guilty about bringing yer Evo turn up on the Matchless.

Can I put this straight once and for all please. The move to pre-Evo is NOT about banning everything from the rally field that wasn't made before 1984. It's about moving the Sportster bit (which is pretty much overwhelmingly newer bikes these days) into its own slot, which makes space for many more older bikes; there will always be those who have the interest in older bikes, and for practical reasons can't justify or afford to run a vintage Harley alongside their modern one, as well as those who want to come along and have a taste of the vintage scene before committing themselves. Such people have always, and will always continue to be welcome.

One other thing; the V&S is in serious danger of becoming a victim of its own success. I think we're pretty much all agreed that part of its charm is that it's not a big event, there are enough people there to provide an ecelectic and entertaining mix but not so many as to overload the site and facilities or have an adverse effect on the atmosphere. I needed to pre-empt that and 2017 being the Sporty 60th was an ideal opportunity.

Kev
It was just the way i read your comment below on another thread that i thought the new format banned Evo's getting thro the gate, member or not, Sportster or not, so that was me excluded.
I have no gripe with the format you have come up with, infact i think its a great idea, it was just my personal dissapointment at not being able to attend this event as i no longer have the appropriate machine and i can't sneak in on my 88 Evo Superglide :>) .
I am quite happy to except the pre Evo rule, it makes a good cut off point to make this section a true Vintage part of the Club, which at sometime i may once again become part of (leccy start tho :>).

Quote from Kev-
Incidentally; as many of you will be aware this year's V&S will definitely be the last one in its present form; I plan to replace it with a purely pre-Evo event in 2017.

Cheers
Chill

Point taken Chilly. I could have explained it a bit better I suppose, sorry.

Of course, it's worth noting that your 88 Evo is eligible for VMCC events as it's over 25 years old. That is the bit we probably both find a bit scary!

Of course, it's worth noting that your 88 Evo is eligible for VMCC events as it's over 25 years old. That is the bit we probably both find a bit scary!

Makes the ole boys smile when i turn up on that tho Kev, especially as its got a tow bar fitted so i get all the ploughing/Tractor comments fired at me, all in good fun i might add, luckily my section are a diverse bunch who ride all sorts, old and new, no problem, unless of course its a specific Vintage/Veteran event ie- Girder fork, then its fairly strict.

"..........That is the bit we probably both find a bit scary!"

Scary indeed Kev. In the Sammy Miller Museum a couple of months ago I saw a Morini 3 1/2. Doesn't seem so long ago I proudly rode my brand new one out of the dealers!
Paul

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Is there a 5speed conversion kit for the sportsperson iron head engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sportster ironhead

Is there any manufacturing companies who make an aftermarket oem ironhead case and parts wanna start fresh

Hard to find good old cases

Back