Vintage & Sportster Weekend 2016

kevscrivener

8-10 July 2016 at the Powis Arms, Lydbury North, Bishops Castle, Shropshire SY7 8AU.

Pub is under new management so I am assured that both food and service will be good!

?15 per head.

Ride-out Saturday around the Shropshire/Mongomeryshire countryside including a stop at Snailbeach Village Hall for a cup of tea and a slice of cake and a visit to Bryan's American car workshops. Full tank essential!!

Food, real ale and real cider all day in the pub; basic breakfasts (bacon/sausage/egg rolls plus tea and coffee) available Saturday and Sunday mornings 8 - 9.30.

Pub also does B&B for those too posh/old/knackered/wealthy (delete as applicable) to camp. Couple of other B&B's in the village and a small shop too.

Pre-Evo bikes positively encouraged but not compulsory. This year we are celebrating 50 years of Shovelheads 1966 - 2016.

This year I am pleased to welcome the Indian Motocycle Club as our special guests.

For the benefit of the terminally thirsty, there is also a Real Ale Trail in Bishops Castle on this weekend.

Any queries please post on here or contact me at vintage@hdrcgb.org.uk

See ya there!

Edited 2-7-0-16, typo on post code.

Last edited:
Re: Vintage & Sportster Weekend 2016

Is that a full normal tank or will the offering Harley put on the CH be adequate ?:very_drunk:

good on you Kev ,,,,, looking forward to this ,,,, and will be promoting Perry,s as i am hoping the vintage theme will carry on this year after the success last ..

john

Can't make it again.. See you at the trip out or hook up if your going

The Callington Crew will be there :) Jan and Ash are riding up with the guys and I am driving the camper up, could you save me a place for the camper opposite the Gate please :) thanks Sandra

Hi Kev, think postal code is wrong? I believe it is SY7 8AU ?cheers Howard

Thank you Howard. Now amended, thankfully the incorrect one doesn't exist.

Seeing as this will apparently be the last vintage and Sportster rally.
I will be hope to be there Early Saturday morning on my Sportster.

we will be there sat mid/late morning.. on the ol Shovel. its meant to be good weather I understand too!tony

This may get moderated but thought it might be interesting to Tony having seen his avatar..

scan0007.jpg

"Sidecars; the art of doing the impossible with the unrideable" L.J.K.Setright (who knew a thing or two about them)

Nice pic Paul. My limited experience of outfits ended up with me doing just that with a Jawa/Velorex combo, but in my case it wasn't deliberate and it put me right off them!

Will not be there this year. Servi is behind schedule due to me being out of commission for 3 weeks with a bad back, oh and carb problems (bike not me!). Hopefully it will be soon, and I can get out and about on it.

Shame that Ray, was looking forward to a good old catch-up natter. Hope you're well soon.

just about to get the bike out ,,,, off this morning ,,,picked a nice cross country ride up get set up,,,, then going to visit Panhead pete later today at Snailbank .

ride safe everyone and see you all tomorrow ,,

john

Back