Wake up, the two year hibernation is over

Buck

Club Member
Although I rode right through it, even had a wee jaunt down to Kent at one point but the rally seasons never happened. Hopefully see some of you out there in the near future. I won’t go out of the U.K. this year so I plan on taking in a number of rally’s. Then I have two weeks starting end of August so will do Thunder in the glens followed by NC500. What are you reprobates up to?

I too, rode through the last 2 years. Not really planning on any rallys as I've got out of the habit of being around large groups of people and I'm a more grumpy old bastard than before the pandemic. My plan is to cover as much of Scotland as I can with venues being cafes I can get a bacon roll and a good cuppa. Might dip into Thunder for the day, but not sure.

I’m looking forward to more social times, pig sick of Zoom meetings and and all the virtualised shite.

The worrying thing is we've just come out of 2 years of restrictions, now inflation and conflict in eastern Europe has sent petrol prices soaring, will cost a fortune to ride long distances! Those fortunate to have deep pockets will cough up, but many will struggle. We are living through very worrying times and riding our bikes will be a welcomed escape but at what financial cost?

The worrying thing is we've just come out of 2 years of restrictions, now inflation and conflict in eastern Europe has sent petrol prices soaring, will cost a fortune to ride long distances! Those fortunate to have deep pockets will cough up, but many will struggle. We are living through very worrying times and riding our bikes will be a welcomed escape but at what financial cost?
When you consider the cost of foreign holidays, the cost of fuel to go to rallys is nominal.

I’m looking forward to more social times, pig sick of Zoom meetings and and all the virtualised shite.
I walked away from a lot of the social media shite at the beginning of lockdown. Best thing I did as life got simpler

Guess this was always gonna happen. The Ukranian situation was a bit more unforseen and will economically make things worse., But needs must and I need to get out on my bike, it's been a long winter

So far I am booked for the International and TitG, I am looking at the Wallace just because it dovetails into my May holiday week and am looking at possibly one down Kent way so I can go to a rally and visit the youngest while I am there. I need to look at my long term rota to see what else I can get to.

I’m guessing most of the garage queens are still wrapped up, I did about 150 miles yesterday and saw plenty of bikes but no Harley’s.
E810C7BE-7EA0-4ADC-AEAC-A9E845AA8AA4.jpeg

Great day for riding down in the South West, plenty of sunshine and mild - but I am unfortunately stuck at work!

Weather was great yesterday, had a good run out, popped into WCHD for a snack, they had some sort of event going on. Headed south from there then east along the western edge of what becomes the Pentland Hills, tucked in 135 miles. It was 17c when I was in Glasgow.
35E00BF5-BF84-403E-8D1A-D30A394672B6.jpeg

C6AAFBD7-51D7-45C5-A1A3-497689703DC7.jpeg

I’ve been making the most of the weather, seen loads of Adventure style bikes out but few Harley’s.
View attachment 1188619View attachment 1188620View attachment 1188621View attachment 1188622View attachment 1188623View attachment 1188624
I’m guessing most of the garage queens are still wrapped up, I did about 150 miles yesterday and saw plenty of bikes but no Harley’s.
View attachment 1188477
This year so far….Perth,Ommen,North Holland,Ommenagain,Utrecht,wales,midlands,Mearsey island,Yorkshire,Lake District,Yorkshire again,Glencoe……etc garage queens? Yep that too 👍

Back