what goes on of an evening in Mareham ?

the_monster

logo_custard.jpg

:169B9ADF431545348BC

Re: what goes on of an evening in Mareham ?

What are "Custard Nights" ???
Have heard of "Custard Pants" :A:

I have not experienced the delights of custard nights but understand that custard pants, straws, lumps and custard crusts are involved but no custard creams ! instant custard and soiled (? - don't even go there) custard are not acceptable, our man enjoys the traditional style of custard as it has a firmer consistancy and doesn't soil so easily !

He is also partial to the dd custard tart

(night) mare hamlet - on google it says this is where it got its name from. Apparently in the 15thC there was a plague of marmots that caused the black death to spread around the country and the original marmot that was responsible came from this area. There is a blue plaque near where its burrow was. How unfortunate that we all remember this village for such a catastrophic event.:9399D3F58B324EE1B68

It doesnt say anything about the custard creams though. Perhaps the locals make an offering of custard creams to the present day marmots so they dont get arsey and go and spread disease everywhere. Its all starting to make sense now.

does that also explain the rubber pants filled with custard ? I have that legend speaks of a hairy mild man who likes to fill his rather large top box with custard and then ride under the powerfull light of his mangina .

I have heard many a strange tale about the "fens". Its a wild and desolate place.

aye tis that master jim, they have a saying that

:11: when at Mareham, the custard turns dry,
the winds will rise and the tide be high.

aye tis that master jim, they have a saying that

:11: when at Mareham, the custard turns dry,
the winds will rise and the tide be high.

OOh! you are a wag :D
There's a jug full of "School meal special runny with lumps" coming your way, when you least expect it.

And remember also that if you travel the Fens at night beware the Flashing Welder follow it at your peril :pirate:

Bloody strange people you Lincs lot, about time I started going to the Yorkshire meets:D:D:D

How can you say that the people of the fens are strange! We've got badnamemike!:smile:

Bloody strange people you Lincs lot, about time I started going to the Yorkshire meets:D:D:D

Not strange Natra, just doing what comes naturally in the land of the midnight Calabrese :hilljack:

I moved to Lincs nearly 20 years ago from Nottingham. Can anybody tell me why I am growing more fingers and toes . :eek:

if you ask the doctor he should be able to sort you some webbing to help keep the toes and fingers together - usefull should you ever have to tread custard with the locals !

im a lincs yellow belly born and bread,
some one has to be

Back