What have you done on your MT?

T

Tony Cross

Got mine out of my mates garage today. Not seen it for a few months. Forgot how light and sweet it is. Did a short spin on it. Chased away the winter blues.:D

Re: What have you done on your MT?

just got back from a cracking weekend down in the new forrest at Lymington , this was organized by " Adventure Bike Rider" but open to any biker that wanted to turn up, there was about 45 that turned up not bad for the end of nov.
a brilliant time was had as the weather was as good as any this year.
a very frendly bunch plus in the evening we had a large bonfire, most stayed on the site and the banter was as always good fun.:tongue:
a few pic
john

Last edited:

Out on the MT yesterday with Ainzy. A bit chilly in parts over Saddleworth and later Moss Moor but very enjoyable. Bit of ice here and there on the A62 kept us entertained.:wink:
Ainzy took a few pictures which might be put on later.:wink::wink::D

Replaced the rubber chain slipper that is mounted on the centre stand with a skate board wheel.

001-1.jpg

A lot of cutting and welding to the centre stand.

View from underneath!

002.jpg

I had to chop the centre stand all to pieces to get it mounted in the correct place but it works brilliant and should last much longer than the standard piece of rubber that the chain slides over, as it rotates as the chain goes round.:wink:

003-2.jpg

A big plus also is that I have another 3 skateboard wheels exactly the same as spares!:smile: :smile:

Is this a bit like they have on the HD 500 MT's in the USA.?

Is this a bit like they have on the HD 500 MT's in the USA.?

I have no idea Tony!

I am fed up with buying the rubber chain slippers that only do a few hundred miles before they need replacing, they cost nearly ?8.00 a throw, so I fabricated the main stand to incorporate the skateboard wheel that will rotate when the chain rolls over it and should last for thousands of miles with maybe the odd bearing change on the wheel and is a better idea as a long term solution.
The chain tension is still done with the main stand being in the up position and when the main stand is in the down position it slackens the chain to allow full access to the rear wheel the same as with the original rubber slipper!:wink:

How is it standing up to use?

How is it standing up to use?

Its working superb Tony,
I clocked up a few miles the other weekend on the Mag demo and have done a bit of green laneing with it as well and so far I am very pleased with it! :wink:

Great news. Keep us updated on this one Tony. A lot of folk will be interested in this.

I took it out in the rain this afternoon and gave it an absolute thrashing!:wink:
I rode on lots of back roads and then followed the coast roads around to The Valley of Rocks, Lynton, Lynmouth, Porlock, Selworthy,Minehead where I stopped off for an ice cream.:)

002-1.jpg
003-3.jpg

Outside of Butlins Minehead.

Then on to Dunster!:)

004-1.jpg

Weddon cross,Challacombe and home!:wink:
Only 100 kilometeres travelled but a wonderful afternoons bimble of fast riding in the rain.
I am so pleased with the way the MT rides and performs in all weathers it brings a smile to my face every time I ride it.:smile::smile::smile:
It beats looking out the window, wondering when the sun is finally gonna shine so as not to get your polished pride and joy dirty.:):smile:

The great advantage of the MT. Ainzy was over last night to change the oil in his Sportster gearbox. We were saying that he needs to get his back on the road soon. I have been using mine a bit. Ideal on flooded roads.

Back