Wheel bearing shims

Hodgie

Need a selection of .75" id wheel bearing shims for my 98 883 Sportster. Any recommendations for a supplier please. Was suprised to see that they are not easy to source at a reasonable price, even on the bay.
TIA
Hodgie

Something like this?

Stick 19mm in the search box, 19mm will be close enough with maybe a slight dressing of the bore.

The way to buy as few shims/spacers as possible is to measure all the ones you have, write their size down for reference, assemble the wheels, measure the play and then calculate what can do by swopping around spacers you already have and only buy the ones that you then need to give the correct free play!
(Remember the shims will not be an exact size, they are made to a tolerance, that's why you actually measure them!)

How about that they even have the sizes & part numbers in the manual!

1706022664935.png

Now I might be a tight Yorkshire bloke but I'm not pissing about ordering one shim + postage. Glad I ordered the pack of 6 having checked front and rear end play to find that both need bigger shims. Shame really, intended to get all bearings packed and sealed, and wheels installed today but wasn't to be. Thanks again for all responses.

Back