Who to contact during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

W

WozzA

Who to contact during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

:) Here is a good idea from Oz....

Message from NSW Ambulance Service

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory but nobody, other than if we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this "ICE" (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.

The concept of "ICE" is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As cell phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

The idea was thought up by a paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents, there were always mobile phones with patients, but they didn't know which number to call. He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognized name for this purpose. In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital Staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as "ICE".

Please forward this.

It won't take too many "forwards" before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest. For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc.

You guys have anything similar? :169B9ADF431545348BC

Re: Who to contact during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

Re: Who to contact during emergency under the name "ICE" ( In Case Of Emergency).

fantastic idea will do today.

Put an ICE Sticker on the back of your phone

View attachment 4515

In Case of Emergency, or ICE, is a program that enables first responders, such as paramedics, firefighters, and police officers, to identify victims and contact their next of kin to obtain important medical information. The program was conceived in the mid-2000s and promoted by British paramedic Bob Brotchie in May 2005 It encourages people to enter emergency contacts in their cell phone address book under the name "ICE". Alternately, a person can list multiple emergency contacts as "ICE1", "ICE2", etc. The popularity of the program has spread across Europe, and has started to grow into North America.[citation needed]

Last edited:

We were advised to do this within our PCT after the July bombings.
I've put Tel's full name as ICE T, would look sad :439:

I got Helen as

ICE COLD.............:439:

I got Helen as

ICE COLD.............:439:
She will be once I forward this to her! :60277EB7B04744289C0

Seriously, this is a great idea. I'll pass it on to raven.:)

Apparently cell phones and wallets with your ice and medicical information mysteriously dissapear from the scene of an accident--very sad. Our club safety officer is encouraging our members to wear "dogtags" around our neck. They contain - name, age, blood type, ice notification, allergies, medical insurance carrier, etc, etc, etc, anything that will help us get quick and accurate treatment. I don't put the ssn on it.

My son who is a bicyclist, puts his name and blood type on his bicycle helmet.

Apparently cell phones and wallets with your ice and medicical information mysteriously dissapear from the scene of an accident--very sad. Our club safety officer is encouraging our members to wear "dogtags" around our neck. They contain - name, age, blood type, ice notification, allergies, medical insurance carrier, etc, etc, etc, anything that will help us get quick and accurate treatment. I don't put the ssn on it.

My son who is a bicyclist, puts his name and blood type on his bicycle helmet.
As with looters after a disaster, these kinds of people are beneath contempt, but you have a good point. Sometimes it's a sad world we live in. :frown:

I heard about ICE 2 years ago and have had it on my phone ever since, with 2 names my Husbands and my Sons,
i think it is a brilliant idea

Surely most of us have our phones password protected, I know I do. In fact I'm obliged to under the terms of the Data Protection Act... but then I'm not normal, at least that's what my Doctor says!

Surely most of us have our phones password protected, I know I do. In fact I'm obliged to under the terms of the Data Protection Act... but then I'm not normal, at least that's what my Doctor says!

That's as maybe Scottie but do you turn your mobile OFF after every call and then have to re enter the password?

Most phones in peoples pockets are turned on that's why we have them.:wink:

I am sure in the case of I.C.E. it would only need to be flicked open or unlock the keypad which does not need a password like when you turn a phone on.

So IC of E someone could call the designated I.C.E. recipient. :wink:

Good point my friend. My phone switches to standby if I don't use it for a minute or so and you need the password to reactivate it although I can obviously take calls at any time, again Data Protection etc blah blah!

Very good point, I've always had mine password protected too.

There's a gadget around that is a portable memory storage device which is worn like a dog tag and the emergency services just plug it into a lap top via usb and all details appear. This is good because you can update information and put a lot more on if need be. I'll search it out and post it on here when I can find it.

There's a gadget around that is a portable memory storage device which is worn like a dog tag and the emergency services just plug it into a lap top via usb and all details appear. This is good because you can update information and put a lot more on if need be. I'll search it out and post it on here when I can find it.

There you go...........UTAG - the Digital Dogtag - ICE In Case of Emergency

That's as maybe Scottie but do you turn your mobile OFF after every call and then have to re enter the password?

Most phones in peoples pockets are turned on that's why we have them.:wink:

I am sure in the case of I.C.E. it would only need to be flicked open or unlock the keypad which does not need a password like when you turn a phone on.

So IC of E someone could call the designated I.C.E. recipient. :wink:

Good point my friend. My phone switches to standby if I don't use it for a minute or so and you need the password to reactivate it although I can obviously take calls at any time, again Data Protection etc blah blah!

Steve does your mobile need a password every time you use it the same as Scottie?

How many people ride drive and go about their every days lives with the mobile in their pocket and have to put in a passwords to answer there phone or make a call.

Not many we all have passwords when we turn it on from being off but if your phone was found by a paramedic...God forbid you will never be in that situation but surely all they would have to do is flick it open or press * to unlock the keyboard then ring your I.C.E. number.

Steve does your mobile need a password every time you use it the same as Scottie?

How many people ride drive and go about their every days lives with the mobile in their pocket and have to put in a passwords to answer there phone or make a call.

Not many we all have passwords when we turn it on from being off but if your phone was found by a paramedic...God forbid you will never be in that situation but surely all they would have to do is flick it open or press * to unlock the keyboard then ring your I.C.E. number.

I only need a password when it's turned on, it's a bad habit I know but my phone is only turned on when I need it or expecting someone to call. I'm a very light user of mobiles. I should really have it turned on all the time when I'm out on the bike. I still reckon the digital dog tag is a good investment though.

How many paramedics / firemen use laptops when trying to save a life?

I wear a good old fashioned steel dogtag around my neck, and have a pet ID tag attached to my helmet. Covered all round and everything can be read on site with no extra equipment.

By the way, I also have ICE numbers in my mobile phone

I wear a good old fashioned steel dogtag around my neck, and have a pet ID tag attached to my helmet. Covered all round and everything can be read on site with no extra equipment.

Oh Yea :439:

I never did as a firefighter and you are right they don't ....:D

I also have dog tags on my wallet/chain, and in my mobile ICE.

So we agree. :wink:

I think you'll find there are many thousands of us. You don't need to enter password to answer a call, but for any other form of access you do. As soon as the call has ended, it returns to lock mode and still requires the password. I like the Dog Tag idea though. Where would I get one of those from then? I'm assuming someone makes them in a format that identifies exactly what info is required.

The password protection you mention offers very little security by the way unless your phone is off when the thief gets their hands on it, unless it's a mobile phone idiot like me that only knows how to make calls and text. :D

Back