Why is Harley Davidson.Com so dumb??

Buellbloke

They do not list forward control kits for the Street Bob or the Low Rider S yet we all know the kits exist as universal and fit.
Also they do not advertise the Extended Forward Control kits to fit anything other than the Fat bob.
This is because only the fat bob came with forward controls. So then the extended kit will only fit bikes with forward controls.
Why can they not list this product will only fit if you first purchase a forward control kit (which we dont make for your bike) but we do only we dont know that we do. I had to type as stupid as that so I can sound as stupid as they do. They even go out of their way to say this does not fit the low rider s or the street bob when it quite clearly does, just like the forward control kits they dont sell for our bikes either :LOL:
Screenshot 2023-05-07 090414.jpg

Last edited:
On my Tbird the cheap plastic dipstick was known to cross thread, Triumph made a chromed custom branded alloy version.
Part numbers from 2007 - 2011 for this part was £30, part numbers from 2012 -2017 were £60 same part. Dealers were in complete denial.
Engine only changed in capacity, filler plug hole was no bigger, thread did not change only the part number and the price.
Yet you can buy the earlier version dealers claim will not fit your later model, only it does because its the same part and fits the same unchanged crankcase. Unless they can see it on a screen these dickheads know nothing, salesmen only know as much as they have researched.
You can easily and effectively always know considerably more than they do.

Whilst ordering a system relay at my nearest HD dealership a couple of months ago after an error code had shown up relating to that part I had to show the parts man how to find the relay on his parts computer after he tried, and failed to find it himself. Unbelievable! It seems dealers are employing people with little or no knowledge or experience of motorcycles. You would think that training on an electronic parts catalogue would be the first thing a parts man should get, not in this case apparently.

Back