Wire Helmet Bag

C

Cookie

Hiya guys.. I've seen lockable wire bags on the back of parked bikes before. The one I saw had jackets/helmets etc in. Seems like a good idea to keep your gear for a short time. Anyone have any suggestions for one?

Thanks
Chris

Re: Wire Helmet Bag

They are not that safe I seem to remember a few were cut off at a race meeting last year. I have some kit that will cut one off in under 10 seconds so it may be a deterrent but not infalable

Thanks..yeah I agree it wouldn't be completely safe but thought it would be OK for just helmet and jacket if we wanted to stop for a break whilst touring.

They are not that safe I seem to remember a few were cut off at a race meeting last year. I have some kit that will cut one off in under 10 seconds so it may be a deterrent but not infalable

I have one and they are good at what they do .As ever if people have a mind to help themselves to you gear they will .

I carry a combination lock bicycle cable. I often lock up many jackets through the sleeve, plus full face helmets, divulging the secret lock code to anybody who needs to leave early etc. I have a little padlock with a suitable shank for my open face lid. The pile of gear below (riders' and pillions') was a bit more secure, locked to my back wheel, while we wandered about. Just a deterrent to the opportunist...

View attachment 25997

Last edited:
Back