Wireless set top box

Batman

Three Wheel Clerk
Anyone got any clue about the above?
I have just been given a tv and intend to put it in the bedroom, but we don't have an aerial there.
We are after a wireless box that can connect to the web, but have no clue about these things.
Anyone got any suggestions other than the usual smutty remarks inherent with bedroom equipment?
Thanks.

Re: Wireless set top box

I am interested in this one as well. I was looking at the cheapo boxes but they seem to require you to sign up to a subscription based service. Full priced boxes look about ?70.

Have a look at something like this......flebay is your friend :D
I should have said this will only get you wireless from smart tv or set box to your modem which I assume is somewhere else.

Comtrend Corporation - OTT STB,IPTV STB,GPON,VoIP,IAD,ADSL2+/ VDSL2 Multi-DSL,PLC

Thats not what i am looking for, its just a network adapter. I am looking for something like NowTV.
now-tv-2.jpg

Sorry I missunderstood the request.....interesting concept. Hope it doesn't end up lile my s-k package where they keep slipping the price up with out any explination.:mad:

I dont know for normal tv but if you have an xbox or ps and subscribe to stuff like nextflix you can route in through that. Im not great with tech so hope thats what you meant.

Anyone got any clue about the above?
I have just been given a tv and intend to put it in the bedroom, but we don't have an aerial there.
We are after a wireless box that can connect to the web, but have no clue about these things.
Anyone got any suggestions other than the usual smutty remarks inherent with bedroom equipment?
Thanks.

Is this the type of thing your looking for?............LINK

I am the same as Gizmo, maybe I didn't explain enough. I am only wanting TV. I have enough 'toys' and just need to get tv channels on to the bedroom tv without having to buy another aerial.

Problem is you need these toys to pick up the wifi to connect to the web to access free view and other tv services

At the moment the Roku 2 is looking good i am just trying to confirm you do not need to sign up to anything to use it. It really pisses me of when you buy a piece of tec then you cannot use it until you have created yet another another online account.

Rogers link is a great piece of kit, but Ray whatever you choose a new aerial fitted or even cheaper a new twin lead to the bedroom from existing aerial will be the cheapest option. But only for TV no web connection. :wink:

Rogers link is a great piece of kit, but Ray whatever you choose a new aerial fitted or even cheaper a new twin lead to the bedroom from existing aerial will be the cheapest option. But only for TV no web connection. :wink:

Thanks BaZa, but I was hoping to go wireless rather than getting MORE wires attached to the house!:wink:

How about an aerial in the loft above the bedroom? Hang it on string pointing the same way as your roof aerial and just feed the coax cable down.

Loft aerial on Ebay ?12-?20.

Move the bed into the living room and you should be sorted :wink:

How about an aerial in the loft above the bedroom? Hang it on string pointing the same way as your roof aerial and just feed the coax cable down.

I think you'd need Twine for that :)

Back