Wonky Bars

Duckman-Si

Club Member
My 2012 Fat boy's bars don't sit straight, the right side, is closer to me than the left, not by a lot but, it is noticeable.
It's been like it since if owned the bike, I was told having the riser bushings changed,, would solve the issue.
I've had them changed but, the problem is still there, is there anything I can do?

The Fork legs have likely twisted slightly. This happened to me and I was pointed to a Vid. on YouTube. Search for Delboys Garage, he explains it really well and how to cure it. Sorry I can’t find the Vid. but will keep looking and if I find it I will post the link.

The Fork legs have likely twisted slightly. This happened to me and I was pointed to a Vid. on YouTube. Search for Delboys Garage, he explains it really well and how to cure it. Sorry I can’t find the Vid. but will keep looking and if I find it I will post the link.
Thanks for the help & link

Jack bike under front of frame until front wheels clear of deck loosen lower yoke pinch bolts right off then re tighten to correct torque then lower bike stick bum on seat and check this should re align front end if still out then raise front again to unload front then loosen riser bolts to re align bushes the re torque should be good to go after if not repeat process bear in mind yokes have been in that position for time so when totally loosening bottom bolts wiggle front wheel to encourage them to straighten up and check that top nut on forks is same height above top yoke first 👍

Jack bike under front of frame until front wheels clear of deck loosen lower yoke pinch bolts right off then re tighten to correct torque then lower bike stick bum on seat and check this should re align front end if still out then raise front again to unload front then loosen riser bolts to re align bushes the re torque should be good to go after if not repeat process bear in mind yokes have been in that position for time so when totally loosening bottom bolts wiggle front wheel to encourage them to straighten up and check that top nut on forks is same height above top yoke first 👍
Thanks for the information 👍🏻 I'll give that a go

Back