Wookiee's Hugger

Wookiee

Club Member
I just wanted to start a thread, partly for my own sanity so I can keep track of things I've done and things I still have left to do.

Img_2919_smol.jpg

Done:

Front pads changed
Front brake bled (HD Dot 5 Silicone Fluid)
Brake light switch fixed
Riser bushes replaced with harder urethane bushes
Hand control fittings painted satin black & hex bolts replaced with stainless hex bolts
Front indicators painted satin black with stainless screws
Chrome fuse cover fitted (was missing before)
New mirrors fitted

Still to do:

Change rear brake pads (if they ever f*cking arrive)
Bleed rear brake
Fit chrome 'HD Motor Co' trim to centre of rear caliper (after I've finished the brakes)
Re-spray front mudguard, rear fender & tank in Honda Mermaid Blue (got paint already).
Paint belt guard satin black
Replace rusty fasteners with stainless equivalents
Treat rust on frame
Replace rear light
Potentially get wheels powdercoated black

Last edited:
Re: Wookiee's Hugger

A winter to do list :cool:
A little caution on stainless bolts Scott. Not sure if this applies to Sportsters as well but the bolts for break disc and belt sprocket on my Fatboy are high tensile steel, 'use once' type. Stainless has different material qualities and may not be suited to that high shear load application. Personally I've stuck with the standard HD bolt for those (and keep them polished !). For the cosmetic stuff I go for stainless of course :encouragement:

Last edited:

Little worried about the paint 'Mermaid Blue' are you sure they didn't have 'Satan Blue' or something?

A winter to do list :cool:
A little caution on stainless bolts Scott. Not sure if this applies to Sportsters as well but the bolts for break disc and belt sprocket on my Fatboy are high tensile steel, 'use once' type. Stainless has different material qualities and may not be suited to that high shear load application. Personally I've stuck with the standard HD bolt for those (and keep them polished !). For the cosmetic stuff I go for stainless of course :encouragement:

Ah cheers Steve. I'm only planning on changing out the 'cosmetic' bolts though. All the serious big-boy bolts will be left well alone or maybe treated to a little lick of satin black.

Little worried about the paint 'Mermaid Blue' are you sure they didn't have 'Satan Blue' or something?

Ha ha! I was waiting for someone to pick up on that Tom. Sadly they'd run out of Unicorn Rainbow paint so Mermaid Blue was the only other option.

something for you to do before sunday lunch then . Looking forward to meeting you down the club . All the best , Oz .

that paint has lasted quite a few years considering the salty sea air. and Steve used the bike a lot. Did he say how long he owned it as I can't remember the year Ruth sold it to Steve. I fitted fatbob tank and mudguards and got it sprayed at our local bodyshop. Ruth didn't have the apes or sissy bar. it had mid controls and low single seat. it was always a good reliable bike. I gave Steve the original tank, mudguards and speedo. hope it gives you many years of reliable fun.

that paint has lasted quite a few years considering the salty sea air. and Steve used the bike a lot. Did he say how long he owned it as I can't remember the year Ruth sold it to Steve. I fitted fatbob tank and mudguards and got it sprayed at our local bodyshop. Ruth didn't have the apes or sissy bar. it had mid controls and low single seat. it was always a good reliable bike. I gave Steve the original tank, mudguards and speedo. hope it gives you many years of reliable fun.

That's great info Colin - thank you! I'm sure Steve said he'd had it for 15 years so it's done very well. I love the tank! I'm going to leave the rest of the paint until the weather warms up again but I'll be glad to get the front mudguard done as I think I've just caught it in time to save it.

Wookiee tom can't say to much about your paint after his purple haze, but I worry about mermaid. With you living on that island I have heard stories of mermaids luring men into the murky depths horrified. Not to sure about the side stand extension that must have been a weighty decision.:tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Back