Workshop Manuals

M

Monkeybrain

Just purchased a Haynes manual from Shebay that says its for Twin Cam models 99-03, covering softails and dynas.

Question.

Are there any differnces between 2003 FXST and a 2004 FXST(my bike) that I need to be aware of?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Re: Workshop Manuals

I think you will find that in 2004 the FXST went to FXSTI (injection)
and the seat height went from 720 mm to 663 mm.

Ground clearence raised by 4.2 mm. 13 kilos lighter and fuel capacity down to 18.9 L from 10.7 L.

Monkeybrain said:
Are there any differnces between 2003 FXST and a 2004 FXST(my bike) that I need to be aware of?

I understand from reading other posts that the wiring changed completely when the '04 Softail model year came out.
confused.gif

I think the 04 has a different "bus" (data for the electronics) but most of the info for wheels, brakes etc should still be ok.

There are also a lot of posts saying that the Haynes books in general aren't up to much. I can vouch for that :(

CrazyIvan said:
There are also a lot of posts saying that the Haynes books in general aren't up to much. I can vouch for that :(

I quite agree & so would many others of this site :(

The Haynes manual is o.k. for poncing around but :eek:

Get yourself the real macoy factory manual is the only one if you are serious about your bike :rolleyes: ...and after all you are playing about with some serious dosh there so ;)

The best site for any manual at the best rate is www.repair manual.com

Good hunting ;)

Big_john Spain ;)

Between 03 & 04 the only major difference would be in the wiring, not to bore you all but in 04 the speedo is wired through the ecm to pick up trouble codes on the odometer.
Apart from that, mechanically they are the same.

Hey Monkey, I've got the wiring diagrams for your bike.
I'll make up a .pdf for you to print out and get it to you when I get a chance...
We're going to be busy for a while packing, moving house Tuesday.

FINALLY going to get myself a GARAGE!!!!

O, and it's soo big you can literally see it from space hehehehe.

I have exactly the same problem except in cold weather, then it shrinks away to nothing....

harleyhog said:
I'll make up a .pdf for you to print out and get it to you when I get a chance...

Yep, Dermots garage will have its own spot on Google Earth!
Great news matey, really pleased for you both, you could have a house warming and a garage warming:rolleyes:

harleyhog said:

Good luck with the move, Dermot.

I know how you feel. Getting a garage was what I was most excited about when we moved into Chateau Benis.... Of course everyone I know saw this as imply further confirmation of my incurable insanity. The fools! Ha! The fools....

Cheers

Mike

Getting back to the thread, as well as the workshop manual get yourself a parts manual as well these show every assembly in exploded form and you'll be able to amaze the parts tech when you can give him the exact part number to put into his PC instead of droping a Fecked oily part on his desk for him to identify or giving him some gobledegook description of the part:rolleyes: . Get these while you can as rumour has it that the MOCO will be stopping printing them soon!:mad:

The garage in my place in LA can hold the dodge truck(1500), the car, 2 bikes, work bench & enough shelving & cupboards for all the required bits & pieces for a full weekend of fun tearing down shovels and given that it seldom rains and the temperature hardly ever falls below 10?C the place is as dry as a witch's tit so no condendation either!:D.

BR.

S:cool:

Monkeybrain said:
I have exactly the same problem except in cold weather, then it shrinks away to nothing....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Simon_Y said:
The garage in my place in LA can hold the dodge truck(1500), the car, 2 bikes, work bench & enough shelving & cupboards for all the required bits & pieces for a full weekend of fun tearing down shovels and given that it seldom rains and the temperature hardly ever falls below 10?C the place is as dry as a witch's tit so no condendation either!:D.

Yeah alright, we've heard it all before :( .......when can we all come and stay:D

OK, MY GARAGE UP HERE CAN.......................................................................just kidding Simon.
. Get these while you can as rumour has it that the MOCO will be stopping printing them soon!:mad:
Thats a new one on me!!!!!

hi ya phil how do i pay for mine lol

mac

Im sorry Mr Monkeybrain as all ready indicated the Haynes manual simpley isnt up to the job, and very often give's just plain wrong information.
personally I find the page's too rough even to hang in the loo.

Back