Xena

Agge

I have just renewed my insurance and one of the options for security was a Xena disc lock alarm. I knew I had one in my shed so I put that down on my insurance. Dug it out today and went to fit it on the RK. Doesnt fit the bloody holes does it :mad: It is a few years old and I used it on my R1 and 996 okay but the holes on my RK disc are too small and it wont quite reach the cut outs. Any ideas chaps and please try and keep them realistic :D

Re: Xena

Kinda like the idea, not the price tho :D However, I am not sure the flat bit on the cable end will be long enough to engage the button

My Titan disc lock will only fit on the rear disc.

Im gonna give it a go in the morning Mick and hopefully that will do it. Seems a bloody waste if I cant use it. Think I have had it about ten years or maybe a bit less. Just forgot I had it until I renewed my insurance and the new company listed a plethero of security chains, locks and alarms which would get you discount...Xena disc lock alarms being one of them

4.5cm from rear to hole/pin on mine.
Should be able to get one for your lock if thats wrong size.
Yes they are a bit dear though.

4.5cm from rear to hole/pin on mine.
Should be able to get one for your lock if thats wrong size.
Yes they are a bit dear though.

That might do it then. I have seen one for ?18.99 which is 1.10m with free postage. Gonna try the rear disc first to see if it will go on there. Thanks for the input chaps

I'm always a bit wary of Insurance discounts for locks. The first time you don't fit it, something happens and you're not insured.

I use a Squire and Almax combination with a ground anchor, but haven't declared it ......... its up to me then.

How much did you save?

I'm always a bit wary of Insurance discounts for locks. The first time you don't fit it, something happens and you're not insured.

I use a Squire and Almax combination with a ground anchor, but haven't declared it ......... its up to me then.

How much did you save?

To be honest I dont know. However it also has another disc lock, ground anchor and chain which I didnt declare. I only put the Xena down as it was one of the security items on the drop down box. Thing is, if the bike did get nicked, how would they ever know you didnt use the Xena lock? Its okay if it was cut off and left on the ground but what if they dragged it into a van with the lock still on? A mean feat I grant you but not un doable. Probaly save ?20 if that but hey, it was a darn sight cheaper anyway than my renewal :smile:

They'd have to be deaf to be in the back of a van with that going off.I was a bit clumsy taking mine off when I came out of work one morning,I ran away till it reset,then had another go.I could still hear it in my head as I rode out the gate.:frown:
Have you tested it? I would think the batteries would be dead by now,and most of the early ones,with the batteries in a stack,go haywire when you've changed them.
The newer ones have a single battery and are more reliable.
Xena do a metal plate that fits in the lock and turns it into a padlock,that can be used with any chain or cable.
I'd test it before spending money on cables,you may be better off buying the later one in the correct size.

Last edited:
The xena works absolutely fine. It takes two AAA batteries which I replaced and chirps and screams as it should. Think these older models were made a lot more robust than the modern versions.....well this one seems to have been

Well that put paid to that. Doesn't fit the back disk either so I need the other option ... Oh poop

Trev, i think you'd be better off buying an Almax chain & strapping it to summat solid. They do several sizes of chain for either home or mobile use. Me, i'm always dubious of alarms, 'cos they're only any good if you're around to hear it, & to be honest, who takes any notice of an alarm going off these days?:mad:

Trev, i think you'd be better off buying an Almax chain & strapping it to summat solid. They do several sizes of chain for either home or mobile use. Me, i'm always dubious of alarms, 'cos they're only any good if you're around to hear it, & to be honest, who takes any notice of an alarm going off these days?:mad:

Okay, understand where your coming from but let me explain. The low rider lives under lock and key in my shed which has a few security measures which shall not be mentioned here. However, my Road King lives on the drive, close to the house, chained to a ground anchor, with a disc lock and blocked in by my car. I sleep right above where its parked. I always sleep with my window open. If I fit the xena it does two things. a) it validates my insurance as it is declared on the policy b) the noise of it going off will wake the whole of the close that I live in so not only will I be alerted, my good neighbours will be as fucked off as I am when they come home singing and shouting after a night on the piss. Job done :D

I would have thought that a sword wielding warrior princess in a leather bikini would be security enough without having to resort to a disc lock.

That's fair enough Trev. I could sleep through an earthquake!!! I'm sure you know the old saying "Out of sight, out of mind", so in your shoes i'd think of another shed if you have the space. Theives don't look like Bill Sykes with a stripey top & a bag over their shoulder with swag written on it anymore, they've gone all hi-tech. Google earth, street mapping , mobile phones with camera's & computers are great tools, but they're now working against you unfortunately. There's a vid on yootoob of the Xena lock. The owner left it out in the rain for one day & it fecked it up, no sound, no alarm. What feckin' good is that? No feckin' good in my book. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.:)

That's fair enough Trev. I could sleep through an earthquake!!! I'm sure you know the old saying "Out of sight, out of mind", so in your shoes i'd think of another shed if you have the space. Theives don't look like Bill Sykes with a stripey top & a bag over their shoulder with swag written on it anymore, they've gone all hi-tech. Google earth, street mapping , mobile phones with camera's & computers are great tools, but they're now working against you unfortunately. There's a vid on yootoob of the Xena lock. The owner left it out in the rain for one day & it fecked it up, no sound, no alarm. What feckin' good is that? No feckin' good in my book. Best of luck with whatever you choose to do.:)

Therin lays a problem. I cannot get it around the back of my house so a shed is a non starter unless I put one up on my drive and I am in two minds about that as it acts as a shelter whilst thieving feckers not only liberate my bike but get trough a window into my house. I am limited to what I can do so I do as much as I can. There is no alarm fitted to the bike so at least its an audible warning and the neighbours in my close are snouty blighters so
any noise and the curtains star a twitching.

Back