XL883 Footboards

DWS

Club Member
Due to having arthritis in my left knee I am finding that lifting my foot up onto the footrest can sometimes be difficult when setting off given the somewhat ‘crouched’ riding position on my 2008 883R. So I am considering fitting footboards which, I would hope, will ease the tight angle at which my foot and knee needs to travel onto the mid positioned footrests. It will also give me the opportunity to shift the position of my feet whilst riding to ease the discomfort I sometimes get in my knee on longer Journeys. I came across the photos below on Pinterest, which show a very tidy setup using Harley Davidson Half Moon footboards on a Sportster 48, but can find no further information about the setup or how they were fitted or sourced, but the mounts do look like they were made for the job and not cobbled together.

A search of the Internet has not revealed anything like them, so has anyone come across a setup like this on a Sportster before? It looks to me that the front mounts incorporates the brake pedal and gear pedal and linkages from a forward control setup but the rear mount seems to go to the stock mid control footrest position.
I particularly like look of the half moon footboards and to my mind suit the bike well.

Any info or suggestions would be most welcomed.

IMG_4306.JPG

tempImage6tvCwZ.png

tempImageUvOYs7.png

Motea uk are showing some but i cant get the link up i have gone to forwards for the same reason

Reactions: DWS

or these

Thanks Andy, once again not too keen on the one point mounts, and it tends to put the footboards too far forward for me.

Here mate just lifted this from the dealer catalogue maybe an answer here with the right peg choice..

IMG_5817.jpeg

IMG_5818.jpeg

Back