Any suggestions for exhaust for VRSCA

V

Vkilcoyne

I just bought a V-Rod from a friend, and must admit that the standard exhaust is a touch tame. I rode a Fat Boy with a V&H stage 1, and have to admit that the sound was superb.

Does anybody have any suggestions about exhausts that give the V-Rod a lot more character, aurally, and what should I expect budget wise.

I am ideally looking for something to create that rich v-twin sound, though I realise that is quite a challenge for the v-rod.

Suggesions and advice will be appreciated.

Re: Any suggestions for exhaust for VRSCA

Vkilcoyne said:
I just bought a V-Rod from a friend, and must admit that the standard exhaust is a touch tame. I rode a Fat Boy with a V&H stage 1, and have to admit that the sound was superb.

Does anybody have any suggestions about exhausts that give the V-Rod a lot more character, aurally, and what should I expect budget wise.

I am ideally looking for something to create that rich v-twin sound, though I realise that is quite a challenge for the v-rod.

Suggesions and advice will be appreciated.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=140015179978&ih=004&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT found this on ebay, price is good and look similar enough to std to fool mot man lol
and they are straight through .

Supertrapp do a smart pipe that you can adjust with discs, makes a great noise on it.

:)

Thanks for the suggestions.
I am thinking that the Supertrapp route is the most convenient, as the other stuff is stateside.
Anybody have experience of the Vance & Hines 16 Gauge for the Vrod

Pretty simply getting stuff from the states, I got my supertrapps from the states for cost reasons. Can be cheaper, but will likely have to pay duty on them. Tis not a lot of work.

I suspect the supertrapps are better performance wise, they are beleived to be. :)

Any idea how import duty is calculated? I just had to pay it on some bars I bought. They were still cheaper than here but I'd like to know for future reference so I can work out what I'm paying before I commit to buying.

Tee said:
Any idea how import duty is calculated? I just had to pay it on some bars I bought. They were still cheaper than here but I'd like to know for future reference so I can work out what I'm paying before I commit to buying.

Not exactly, but it has been asked many times, do a search and you should find lots on it. It not what you need ask in virtual rally, sorted. This vrod bit can be a bit quiet you know. ;) :D

I didn't mean the thread Tee just this one line.................

'i always ask the sellers (if in the u.s) to ship as warrenty parts and never get charged import duty' .

:cool:

dpb-RK said:
I didn't mean the thread Tee just this one line.................

'i always ask the sellers (if in the u.s) to ship as warrenty parts and never get charged import duty' .

:cool:
Yeah - sorry M8ty, I should read the things properly I suppose, but when I see a hyperlink I just assume it's leading me where I need to be - bit dangerous really;)

bimsb6 said:
shit have you seen the price of that ! $699
Jeez - that's gone up as you wrote! In my email its states -
shit have you seen the price of that ! $500
but in the post, which I read almost instaneously, it states -
shit have you seen the price of that ! $699Just goes to show that this tinternet thingymagig is more complicated than I thought. It can change the price of something at will - without any prompting:D

IMO, Force look better, sound better, and are less expensive than Supertrapp. You can get some sense of their sound on the Force site, as posted in my previous response.

Tee said:
Jeez - that's gone up as you wrote! In my email its states -
shit have you seen the price of that ! $500
but in the post, which I read almost instaneously, it states -
shit have you seen the price of that ! $699Just goes to show that this tinternet thingymagig is more complicated than I thought. It can change the price of something at will - without any prompting:D
that was my desperately short memory span tricking me again ,within 2 minutes of reading it i had forgotted it .DOH!

Thanks for the suggestions.
I am thinking that the Supertrapp route is the most convenient, as the other stuff is stateside.
Anybody have experience of the Vance & Hines 16 Gauge for the Vrod

I don't have any personal experience of the V&H pipes for the Vrod but if the pipes for BTs are anything to go by you will not be dissapointed!

We are an authorised dealer for Vance and Hines, if you want a qoute for a set of pipes (remembering we offer a 10% discount for HDRCGB) please call us.

With regard to costs importing from the USA you will pay import duty and VAT on the total cost of the item including shipping. In addition you will pay a clearance fee to whomever handles the customs submission ( usually the Post Office). For more info see these links:- http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...Forms&propertyType=document&id=HMCE_CL_000230

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channels...ype=document&reset> CT=true&id=HMCE_CL_001454

If you ship items and ask the seller to underdeclare thier valve or send as warranty parts then you leave yourself open for prosecution and can have the good seized. I personally haven't heard of anyone who has suffered this but it's worth remembering; no good complaining after the fact.

You will save (some) money buying direct from the USA. The drawbacks are that if you have a problem with the goods then the seller is safely living in the land of the free 4,000 miles away. If you have to claim against transit insurance ( you did insure it for it's FULL value didn't you?) you will know the true meaning of frustration. Items sent USPS have to have the claim submitted by the seller, and for all the will in the world sellers just don't put as much importance in filing a claim when they already have your money.

Finally, and this is my personal grip, if everyone and his dog buys direct from the USA then your local Indy will go out of business. Big deal? It will be when you need a part immediately, getting it from the USA will be 5 days minimum; 5 days off the road.

Rineharts, the only pipes for me. when i chucked my bike up the road and scuffed the ones i had, i bought another set without hesitation, never even thought about any others. can be a bit loud for the average joe but hey lifes for living:eek: :D :D go into region 2 and go into readers wives:eek: sorry readers rides:D and theres 2 pictures if its any use to you. i bought mine from the states. can give you details of supplier if interested

Last edited:
Back