Compensator Question for those in the know.

No, Harley has its own "recommended" adhesive kit which comes in a huge caulk gun type cartridge
So I can look forward to recieving a huge caulk gun type cartridge - that will go solid over time? Yep ordered and paid for....................I can donate it to the Club tool scheme after I have used it.

Last edited:
So I can look forward to recieving a huge caulk gun type cartridge - that will go solid over time?
You haven't ordered it have you ? I asked Riders to order me a tool and they said they weren't allowed to supply tools to public

Using a three foot bar, and applying 58lbs in weight on the end, would result in applying 174ftlbs to the nut.
For 400ftlbs, applying 100lbs to a 4' bar would equate to 400ftlbs. As I weigh 210lbs (15stone), if I stood on a set of scales whilst leaning on said bar (it would need to be in a horizontal position) I would need to see 110lbs reading on the scales to know I was applying 100lbs at four feet from the nut = 400ftlbs.

In all instances the applied weight needs to be made when the bar is horizontal to the ground. Any deviation from horizontal will reduce the effort as applied (presuming the scales were in use).

It's all just mathematics.

So replacement SE compensator fitted and now I am left with nine and a half pounds of scrap steel.....any suggestions what I do with it?

thumbnail_PXL_20230807_154242550.jpg

Back