first impressions of my ulysses

Re: first impressions of my ulysses

Take care John(speed gets the adrenalin going)Looking forward to meeting up at the Lakes.Yes I will go for breakfast with you but we will price the breakfast first this time:smile::smile::smile:

I have regularly got 60 mpg on long runs to rallys etc... On a trip down to Mikes Farm Party a couple of years ago I averaged just over 60 mpg, That was fully loaded and cruising at 80 ish. But the surprise was that Carols XB9XS averaged 72 mpg at the same speeds.

Johns right, it's all about being smooth...

I have regularly got 60 mpg on long runs to rallys etc... On a trip down to Mikes Farm Party a couple of years ago I averaged just over 60 mpg, That was fully loaded and cruising at 80 ish. But the surprise was that Carols XB9XS averaged 72 mpg at the same speeds.

Johns right, it's all about being smooth...

Carol,s a real smoothy:wink:

john

possibly your right there Carl:tongue:

the way to good mileage is smoooooooothness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this comes from lots of pratice :wink::wink::wink::wink:

john
jeeez thought i was smooth obviously 30+ years just ain't enough perhaps when i reach your age John i may be as super smooth as you old chap:tongue:

Great to hear you are enjoying the same things about your Uly that I do about mine! I have a 20K miler 06 which I bought a couple of months back and the more I ride it, the more I "learn" it, if you get my meaning.

Anyway, despite my reservations regarding the relatively small tank (under 17L) I've never managed to get it below 55mpg and last time I filled it was 60mpg too. This is general riding, not trying to eek out the best mpg, and included a bit of hooning but generally 10mph over the limit out of town (on the private roads :D). GF's XB12SCG is very close at 58mpg but could probably do better. Hoping to reach the magic '200 miles before fill-up' level soon.

I've taken mine over to France on a weekend break and did a wee bit of off-roading with buddies (who were on a GS and a Tenere 12). Despite the 17" front, I felt the balance of the bike made up for this and it coped fine on the trails. I'm really appreciating the lighter weight, too, after my Tiger 955i.

I've had technically 'better' bikes but the Uly is more fun and I'm looking forward to getting to know him better (his name is Jaffa - :)). Even those square 30mph speed bumps have become a delightful ramping zone.

Jon

Back