Ive joined the gang

Halal Tim

Club Member
One of my pension lump sums spent😆

Winging its way across the water, as we speak. 2024 model, in Epsom racing green.

Bone stock. No factory options.
Aftermarket options.....

Ordered rad guard, full fender extender for front guard. Touratech sat nav mount and anti theft tft guard. Cool covers seat net.
Sw motech crash bar bags.

No luggage. Will just use a roll bag.

That should see me for the next 3 years.

Screenshot_20240415_143608_Chrome.jpg

I hear great things about them and I fully understand H.Ds need to move with the times and adapt or die , but for me its just not Harley that we all know and love, so its not for me , not my cup of tea, also my legs aint long enough
wish you many happy and safe miles on your new bike

Its not a real harley though, is it.😆😆

And thats why i like it.

When pension pot 2 comes free, i will get myself a dyna, or newish softail. Sadly, the glide was just too heavy for my knees.

never said "its not a real harley" I, leave that to others. and gotta admit its got a certain attraction even if a bit Honda ish
good luck with it and hope you enjoy it any new new bike is exciting

I was up at Riders Bridgwater yesterday and they had a few unregistered older model Pan Ams in grey now up for.sale for just £11,999. Good value if you fancy a brand new H-D of that style etc and your not bothered about getting a 2024 model. They c!aim to have sorted out the earlier model gremlins - hope you enjoy your Pan Am Ian.

I was up at Riders Bridgwater yesterday and they had a few unregistered older model Pan Ams in grey now up for.sale for just £11,999. Good value if you fancy a brand new H-D of that style etc and your not bothered about getting a 2024 model. They c!aim to have sorted out the earlier model gremlins - hope you enjoy your Pan Am Ian.
I found a new 21, for 9k.
As my pension will cover it, i went for a 24. You cant take it with you, may as well spend it now.

Congrats on the new bke!
I really enjoyed the 23 model, 24 registered, i had for a few weeks. I think its a great bike and would happily have one in the garage, however i would also have to have another harley of some sort, as good as it is it just didnt/wouldnt scratch the harley itch that is now well embedded in me :D

the 24 also has the charging sorted which is a good thing! the new bike i had (600 miles on the clock) barely started after 5 days of no use!

Last edited:
The PA needs to be kept on a tender (I use the H-D 5 amp one) as the electronics chatter away to themselves and the key if near 24/7 so the tiny little battery 🪫 over 4-5 days (if not on a tender) may find it hard to turn over 12:1 compression. Due to such high compression Harley lowered the gearing on the starter to help from late 22, and with the 24 models have upgraded both the generator the battery and various electrical components to overcome the issue.

If you ride daily there is no problem. But if you park it up in a field for 4-5 days you may struggle to start it. So a few of us have added extended leads to the battery and carry a jump pack. I haven’t had to use this option to this date.

A generator & battery upgrade is available for pre-24 models, possibly on warranty if you have an alternator failure, but H-D will not use the new stuff until the old stock is used up.

Sykes H-D are happy to take on any warranty work, and in some cases will do upgrades on warranty.e.g the upgraded starter gear on the early models.

👍

Last edited:
Back