Ive joined the gang

Dont think they will depose the top Adventure bikes but will find a market in HD riders that want an alternative bike as a AV but want to stay with HD
as to converting BM owners i think it will be a very hard thing todo
There seem to be a few out there, John. Spoke to a guy last weekend who gave the appearance of being a long term Harley owner but had only recently purchased his Pan America having previously owned an R1200GS. He loves it and was bedecked in Harley sweatshirt, H-D Dayglo vest and standard issue long grey hair and full beard :)

Steve

There seem to be a few out there, John. Spoke to a guy last weekend who gave the appearance of being a long term Harley owner but had only recently purchased his Pan America having previously owned an R1200GS. He loves it and was bedecked in Harley sweatshirt, H-D Dayglo vest and standard issue long grey hair and full beard :)

Steve
It’s a good thing, because the possibility may present itself for new blood in our Club. Not necessarily youngsters but probably individuals in their 40’-50’s. Im not saying it will take over, just add to the family.

“Up the revolution “

😂😂

IMG_8935.jpeg

Just booked a test ride for tomorrow, to see what all the fuss is about...as an ex GS rider I should have something to compare it to.
PS...this is your fault Mark Hammond, you shouldn't have let me have a sit on yours at the Riverside last weekend 😂😂

Just booked a test ride for tomorrow, to see what all the fuss is about...as an ex GS rider I should have something to compare it to.
PS...this is your fault Mark Hammond, you shouldn't have let me have a sit on yours at the Riverside last weekend 😂😂

Just remember to switch the ignition on before you try to get on it 😉 and ask them if they’ve a low seat you can try on it.

Well...after an hour's test ride at Plymouth HD yesterday I can see what the fuss is about. Rode a 900 mile Pan Special with the adaptive ride height. I was very impressed, it's certainly quick and handled really well. Is it as good as a GS? The simple answer is no, but then again a GS with all the bells and whistles is a lot more money than the Pan and BM have had a lot longer in the adventure market. I am quite tempted but...they don't seem to hold their value as much as a traditional HD. Good fun afternoon though. If you fancy something a bit different, try one, I don't think you would be disappointed.

Back