Just bought a Ulysses XT

Re: Just bought a Ulysses XT

Nice bike - i've used these guys in the past to save me losing a days wages on the collection:
Motorcycle Delivery | Motorcycle Transport | Motorbike | BLD
Steve

That would be the sensible solution Steve, but I am very lucky to be able to take time off when I want to, the irony is I never do and work much harder than I ever did for somebody else.
To be honest I am looking forward to a little adventure, especially the flying down there and getting to know the bike on the way back. :D

I am just off to the airport to fly down to Southampton for my mini Buell adventure. :439:
I will post later tonight, when I get home. :D

Hope you have your long johns on gaz:D

Take Care, but enjoy yourself.
Hope it has heated grips :439:

mini Buell adventure

mini Buell adventure

I am just off to the airport to fly down to Southampton for my mini Buell adventure. :439:
I will post later tonight, when I get home. :D

Now this is a mini Buell.....and a Blast at 32 hp 500cc :wink:

Safe riding Garry hope the weather stays dry and sunny for you as it is down here today....

buell10bz.jpg

Get those thermals on - It was 1 degree C when I set off this morning :eek:

To be honest he will get a certain amount of warmth from riding the bike. There is a nice flow of warm air as you ride near the knees.

I had a 2006 XB12X until a few months agao. They really are excellent on the road and perhaps not so good off-road (but I did manage it).

Brilliant balance and very QUICK steering. They have a tendency to drop into corners which you can get used to. Be aware of the unintentional wheelies too but by the time you read this you will be well aquainted with the bike.

I'd have another, certainly, but a later model like yours because they did improve the breed over the years.

Oh yes, did I mention 60mpg? :)

Jon

Back home now, what a bloody great day i've had. Nice flight down to Southampton, got picked up by the bloke selling the bike and it was just as nice as the photos, couldn't fault it, did the deal, rode off.

Totally different to any Harley I have ever ridden before, but in a good way. At first I couldn't get used to the tiny foot controls, you get so used to the gigantic controls on a Harley, but soon got the hang of it. I couldn't believe how quick the Buell is, the roll on power when you need it is amazing, gives very safe overtaking :D, it handles to. I couldn't give it to much in the bends, as it was -3 deg when I landed at Southampton, so took it careful untill it warmed up bit, the stretch of road from the M40 past Silverstone to the M1, is a bit of fun :D, trouble is it rained like a bastard the last 200 miles home and I got home looking like a drowned rat. The bike was covered in salt, so I have given it a good wash and put it in the garage, I will take some photos tomorrow and post them here, it was to dark to take any that would do it justice.

great mate glad you are home safe....any speed cameras....lol.

how many miles in total?

Portsmouth to Whitley Bay 345 miles, 145 miles @ -3deg and 200 miles in the pouring rain :439:

Great choice of bike Garry. Sounds like you had a good introduction to the mark. They are cracking bikes, Good acceleration, excellent brakes and brilliant fuel consumption on a long run.

Have fun with it mate.

Great choice of bike Garry. Sounds like you had a good introduction to the mark. They are cracking bikes, Good acceleration, excellent brakes and brilliant fuel consumption on a long run.

Have fun with it mate.

Thanks Mick, I will have to come up to yours sometime and show you the bike, hope you and Carol are keeping well, are you a darts pro yet ? :D

enjoy

i have had mine for about 6mths now and done a few thousand miles.

a good bike and very cheap for what you get!!

i ride it more than the big twin , mainly as it does over 60mpg .:D

just be carful with the front brake it works!!!!

john

Here are some pictures of my Buell Ulysses :

002.jpg

005.jpg

very nice gary,bike aint bad either,:439:,is that the model that burns the thigh off ya,the bike i mean !

very nice gary,bike aint bad either,:439:,is that the model that burns the thigh off ya,the bike i mean !

Your right on both counts Eric, didn't feel the heat on the way back yesterday, maybe because it was -3 deg and then pissed it down.:D
I am going to fit the comfort kit on it, which is a left side air scoop and a down pipe heat deflector. Also I want to fit a nice n loud exhaust, as its a bit quiet with its standard exhaust along with a drive belt tensioner.

Back