New Bike

chopper

Club Member
Well this has been sitting in the garage for the last week or so now, as yet i have no idea what i am going to do with it, its a 99 1200 custom, its seen a few bad winters by the looks of it, its a bit scabby (but hey it was real cheap), but i have already started sorting that out, forks have been stripped down and satin blacked along with a few other bits

May well just pull it apart over winter powder coat and re-paint it where needed and re-build it, or possibly turn it into a nice little chop of some sort like the last sporty i had, as said i have no idea as yet what to do with it!

18092008149.jpg

Buckhorns are already off:D

Re: New Bike

nice predicament to be in...:)

great to find a good project bike for a build, and you don't see enough sportster chops around, so that would be my choice if i had it :439:

keep us all posted if you decide to go down that route...

DID HAVE CHRIS!:D

hanging up in the garage now mate, free to the first person who wants em!

This is what i am thinking of if i build something out of it

haa%20has.JPG

or maybe something like this

d9.jpg

really not sure!

If you do just make sure you bolt the handlebars on correctly and not as that muppet has in the picture.:D

Those bars on the bottom two are great,leave em alone :D

Don't like Dans buckhorns on the top bike tho :wink:

Two cool looking bikes there Chopper,something a bit out of the ordinary:439:

Back end is stripped down, the state of the frame and rear guard etc is terrible, rear guard is pretty much rotten away, so a chop is the way forward! gonna go for the top one i think with a few of my personal touches here and there! Frame is penciled in to be made at the end of November so have got until then to strip it down completely and start cleaning and selling the bits not needed (90% of it)

Will get the motor out by the middle of the week and on the bench ready for a strip down and thorough check out as well as a lick of paint to make it look pretty!

Pics to follow as we go along, anyone want some sportster bits :439:

Nice one mate ,tho if ya ever got hold of a glide fek knows what you would do with that :D:wink:

Looking forward to this......Sportsters in a hardtail frame look fantastic, and are still rare. I don't know why more people don't do it, but it means that this bike is gonna stand out in a crowd. Good luck!

Looking forward to this......Sportsters in a hardtail frame look fantastic, and are still rare. I don't know why more people don't do it, but it means that this bike is gonna stand out in a crowd. Good luck!

probably because they are so ***kin uncomfortable :D

Ok Update time,
Bike has been in bits for over a week now, motor has been steam cleaned and scrubbed ready for a paint up and a polish, new wheels and tyres are here and have been stripped and painted satin black with a touch of red! Frame has been cut up, now gonna modify the stock frame instead of a complete new one, save a couple of quid and keep it as original as possible! Photos to follow tomorrow when i get em off my phone. promise!

Must say i am shocked at how rotten certain parts of this bike were, its definetly seen a couple of winters but the rust in certain hidden places was incredible for a 9 year old bike. Rear guard fell apart as i took it off and the rear swing arm and parts of the rear frame had rotten through in places.

Just saw this thread and thought I would moan so here goes.......

I wish I had a garage and a project bike for the winter:frown::frown::frown:

Thats better...Good luck with yer bike mate I will follow your progress with um jealousy :mad: sorry .interest.....Its a bit like some other regular on this site whose always off riding in the states ...makes yer sick it does:A:

Well progress has been slow over the last couple of months! have got a few more bits collected including a fatboy front end, heritage front guard and a 45 flip up style rear gaurd, idea has now changed to more of a hydra style but im sure will evolve more as the weeks move on

Anyway, first pic of the chop, here is the frame as it is now, rear end cut off and replaced with a hardtail instead, just waiting on some new neck bearings then i can chuck the motor in and start building it up.

22022009211.jpg

More pics to follow by the end of the weekend, i promise!

Back