New Bike

Re: New Bike

Briz @ CCD did it mate, bloody good job he did to. third frame i have had off him now and wouldnt go anywhere else anymore

Plus 1 on CCD. Leaders in the field. They did a great rake job for me many years ago.

If anyone is after a hardtail bobber style frame for a sporty, check out attitude customs in southampton . he's built about 11 sporty bobbers so far. origionally used flyright, then fenland now, has developed his own frame
sells for ?750. 2 types one for stock wheels and one for wide tyres .Early one was in 100% biker last month

this'll be intresting to follow post lots of pics :439:

Lookin good, I'm lookin forward to the progress over the weeks of the build. Me too is goin in the same direction, only I'm buildin a large shed in me back garden first. I got a sporty chop I want to look like a bobber, so I'll watch an learn.

As promised a couple more pics of the process, got a couple of hours spare last night so chucked the motor in and front end on, this morning put the rims on and laid the tank on the top, not to sure on the sportster cutsom tank, doesnt look right IMO, have a peanut in the garage so will stick that on instead i think, risers are also to high, again have some little 1" ones somewhere, the more i look at it as it is at the moment the more i like the idea of leaving it with no front guard and a little ribbed rear instead of the heritage front and 45 rear that i already have will be running a sprung seat as well.

28022009218.jpg

28022009217.jpg

Front end obviosusly needs dropping by 2" to bring the rails in line, havent got round to that yet:smile:

Looks good so far, keep us up to date in due course................. I agree with you about the tank.

Do the handlebars have a name or item number etc. they look the part. Plus, have you ever rode a bike with no front guard? You only have to ride through a wet patch and you get a face full of water, it's a nightmare.

they are Custom chrome rip off of a fatboy style bar if i remember correctly, they have been sitting around for a while now!

As for the lack of front guard yep im used to it, built a few bobbers and bar hoppers now so used to the face full of grit, wouldnt let it put me off though!:smile:

i'm liking that lots allready ,yer right about the risers and the Tank , i'll be running no front gaurd on mine so i'll join yer in the grit head look :D

looks good! The tank is a nice shape, but yeah it may just dominate the motor a bit much in the looks dept there.....it's your call. You will know more when seat and guard are on.

Just to be different but still ''Harley''.....some people have used the small gas tanks off the 1970s Aermacchi lightweights ......just a thought!

I'm loving the look of the tank on there. Plenty of peanut ones around but that looks really smart IMO.

That bike is going to be awesome, what about a tank like this?
DSC00431.jpg

Something different.
Looking forward to progress pics.

Tibbs

That's a nice tank.:smile:
Think with the Glide type forks it needs the fat wheels and full length tank so it looks like you've bobbed a rigid bike.
Changed the bars,removed front fender,and choped the back one.
The small tanks remind me of guys riding round in the 60's on Triumphs with moped tanks.:A:

Well it was all up for sale but as i didnt have much interest have decided to push on with it, will take some more pics tomorrow. Found a ribbed rear guar that i forgot i had which looks very nice on the back, made a battery box today, just need to either make or buy a oil bag of some sort and a side mount plate and thats pretty much it.

Now i have loads of time on my hands its coming along very quickly!

Hi. No news since March.

I have started my Sportster-Bobber conversion with Attitude Custom.
So am interested to see more pics of your progress if that's ok with you.

Nice job so far.

Back