New Sportster exhaust system

Dredger

Club Member
Im looking into replacing my wife's 08 sportster exhaust as the current 2into 2 slash cut mufflers are showing real signs of age.
Looking at either Bassani road rage, or Super trapp. I don't know much about either of these but suspect the Bassani is on the loud side.
Does anyone have a 2 into 1 Super trapp fitted, how do they hold up structurally? do the discs get rattly? Any thoughts gratefully received.

I used the Cobra El Diablo on mine, not to loud and leery -- this was the first pattern with the horizontal tail pipe, later up-swept is probably the same noise wise. I believe the Bassani is louder --
Shop around for pricing.

Used supertrapp on loads of my builds never had discs rattle due to nature of assembly i fitted a bassani road rage to my daughters sporty as it was available in black to match her yellow and black bike she wanted a good pipe too the supertrapp is better for performance tuning and putting the band where you want it

BCC33304-2C7F-4638-863B-F29EEFEBF6E6.jpeg

Same for bassani we had to order for an 883c to fit her hugger to allow the forwards she wanted

The bike is a 1200 low, and has mid controls, the bike also has the leather panniers, so upsweep is not going to work, The Cobra diablo, S&S super street, Bassani road rage, and the Super trapp Kerker are the main choices, but I have to get it right as, if the pipes are too loud then it would be money wasted as I would have to take em off.
The photos above both look good and fit the profile, but might go for the Super trapp, I think I'll let wifey press the pay now button.

It depends on what you want from the engine but reading the descriptions the Supertrapp Kerker muffler is non adjustable and moves the power band up the rpm range. For a tourer type bike that doesn't seem like a good way to go, IMO.

The Supertrapp Supermeg muffler has the disks that give some tuning ability, again from reading the description.

Make sure you pick correct year as 2014+ have different sized O2 sensors to the pre 2014 bikes.

I use the supertrapp super Meg as it allows tuning the Kerker has never really performed as well on the dyno and with the super meg you can noise up or down as suits with open end cap and disc options and it can accommodate further upgrades as you need if your engine goes down the performance road….. with_glasses

High Andy,
The quote below was why I am leaning towards the Super trapp, second choice may be the S&S, still digging out info on all 2 into 1 systems.

"All of our 2:1 SuperMegs will work with the OEM forward and mid controls.
Twenty - 4" discs are included.
Add 4” discs to increase horsepower, exhaust tone and flow.
Remove 4” discs to reduce sound and increase low-end torque while making it stereo-friendly too!

I think you are doing right by keeping low end torque.

That is the supermeg as opposed to the kerker but both are supertrapp.

an open end cap on a super Meg is the same as 10 discs when you come to tuning and it gives a pleasing tone and their tuning guide is spot on too good kit (y)

Well, Thanks for the input one and all, final word is from wifey so I'll post up when we find system in stock.

Well, we opted for the super trapp super meg system, and I have to say it looks rather good on wife's sporty, she is chuffed as nuts, but it won't be on the road yet for several weeks. Front mudguard is in the paint shop due to road chips. Still got rear calliper work to do as well.
IMG_20230113_154401_2.jpg

I would be grateful if you could you take a picture with the camera lower more straight on to the muffler so I can see where it is in relation to the frame and swing arm please?

It looks great. Where did you buy it from please?

Last edited:
Hi Andy, got this from ARH customs, they sent it to me on the Isle of Wight no issues, and quick service to boot.
Photo to follow

I have a supertrap supermeg disc 2 into one with open end cap & ten disks. Standard stage one set up it didnt get an advisory this year. The 1st time ever it’s passed. And you can make it quieter by adding 10 more disks & fitting the closed end cap. Best exhaust set up I’ve owned228920C6-E54C-4A66-A9DF-B00AADB9CE35.jpeg

When either of you were fitting the Supertrapp headers did they line up properly or did you have to force them some?

I have an exhaust here and when I offered up the headers with one side held in the port the other is out of place and would need to be forced to fit.

Back