Other People's Bikes. Part One

Skip

Most of the bikes in this thread will be curiosities of building. The purely stock bikes are, of course, usually of general interest even to custom enthusisists and, as such, I will post of them separately.
Other Peoples Bikes (46).jpg

Other Peoples Bikes (67).jpg

Other Peoples Bikes (65).JPG

Other Peoples Bikes (3).jpg

Other Peoples Bikes (62).jpg

Other Peoples Bikes (102).jpg

I lost these pics somehow while putting up this first set. These semi-knuck rockers are available now for about 1,600 US I think.

71319.jpg

KnuckleFile (12).jpg

...more to follow, hope that pleases for now.....

Last edited:
That chain in the top picture of the second set leads a busy life, 7 right angle and 2 U turns.

Skip, is the 9 cylinder radial (could even be a rotary) home made or out of a small aircraft?

That chain in the top picture of the second set leads a busy life, 7 right angle and 2 U turns.

Skip, is the 9 cylinder radial (could even be a rotary) home made or out of a small aircraft?
Not a rotary Ron. I think it modern-made for the modeling airplane trade. The extensive use of allens and the aluminum pushrods pretty much rule out a mfg date prior to 1970 imho. Always a chance of it being a one-off made exclusively for this bike:
Other Peoples Bikes (91).jpg

...there's a bunch of these things out there in various kit form(s) giving the rider/builder a touch of low cubic-inch pre-war nostalgia. A lot of them have that Indian flat-track/board racer look. Many sport Honda engines with replacement 'Indian' engine covers & tins. :cool:

Radial and rotary engines look similar, but the rotary heads, barrels and crankcase all rotate when running. Such engines were used in first WW aircraft like the Sopwith Camel with the prop fixed to the crankcase, and in motorcycles the German Megola, where the five (?) cylinder rotary engine was mounted within the front wheel - no clutch, no gearbox!

Simon Millyard is a modest genius, ever inventive.

Thanks for that , a whole lot of lovely Indian based specials plus other stuff. The first bike is grand and the Tridian (14th picture down) looks to be a whole lot of fun.

The pic of the Feuling Evo engine reminded me about "Spirit of Semtex".

Evo big twin hillclimber. Feuling four-valve heads, modified Cosworth F1 pistons, Delkron crankcases, Norton/Quaife gearbox, two downdraught twin-choke Weber carburettors, S&S conrods, short-stroke S&S crankshaft, 1232cc, 310 lbs, adequate power.

Link to his website

Harley_0014.jpeg

Last edited:
The pic of the Feuling Evo engine reminded me about "Spirit of Semtex".

Evo big twin hillclimber. Feuling four-valve heads, modified Cosworth F1 pistons, Delkron crankcases, Norton/Quaife gearbox, two downdraught twin-choke Weber carburettors, S&S conrods, short-stroke S&S crankshaft, 1232cc, 310 lbs, adequate power.

Link to his website

View attachment 1192853
I guess he had to clear the frame somehow!

Sputhe (orange XR above) used to make barrels that bolted to the Ironhead bottom end and let you fit Shovel Heads to the top, creating a Shovester. I can't remember the capacity but it could well have been 1200cc.

Just realised it was Trock who made the cylinders to build a Shovester.

Last edited:
Evo style big twin fueling 4 valve heads cant remember whose bottom end s+s superstock crank and cases i think ? Only seen one here at johns place rmd years ago

...someone explain to me why?
:D I'll be happy to do that for you just as soon as I can explain to myself the logic behind my running Borrani rims on a Shovelhead. So far all I've come up with is a 7word repeating mantra: CauseIcanandthey'resoprettycauseIcanandthey'resopretty.....

I'd like to thank ya'll for all the great replies. Really well done. I've learned a least as much from the replies as I put into it (y).
Cheers.

If you don't mind, Skip, I'll continue spamming your thread! :)

This was for sale on eBay a couple of years ago (by Moore Speed Racing in Poole, if memory serves).

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

I thought it was an interesting take on customizing a Dyna, giving it a rather "classic British" look.

Last edited:
Back