POI for TomTom Rider

W

WildBill2566

Does anyone have any POI's for Harley-Davidson dealers here and in France, Italy. Or even a HD POI icon I could upload to my satnav and find my own POI's.

Thanks for any and all replies

Re: POI for TomTom Rider

Does anyone have any POI's for Harley-Davidson dealers here and in France, Italy. Or even a HD POI icon I could upload to my satnav and find my own POI's.

Thanks for any and all replies

I have some for UK and Europe but they are in Navman format, WORD and Excel. If they are any good to you I can send them on:)

Thanks Stuart, I got your mail.:D

We have an Ultra Classic and would appreciate some advice on what satnav to purchase.

We have an Ultra Classic and would appreciate some advice on what satnav to purchase.

I have gone with the TomTom Rider, easy to use and set up. You can add your own Points Of Interest, but I am pretty sure that you can do that on all of them.

I didnt like the standard mounting options that came with the unit, for a start the bar mount would not fit the bars on my King as the bar dia. was too large. I fitted mine to the screen and wired it to the aux power switch. That way I can fit a spare screen and ride without having the mount on permanent display.

Maps are nice and easy to read and I managed to get a new set of Europe maps off ebay for about ?60 (over ?100 from TomTom)

I like the unit but only time will tell if I made the right choice. By this time next year it will have done a 2000 mile French trip and a couple of mainland long hauls, but as yet it really is untested except for a couple of 40 mile trips. Like all satnavs it can take you in some strange directions, but this can be overcome if you want to travel via a specific route.

Not much help I know, but didnt want to ignor your post.:eek:

Garmin will be bringing out thier new rider satnav in early november, it will probably only be for sale in bike shops, it pisses all over the fairly shite, nonwaterproof tomtom rider brick, ive seen it and played with it, its truly a pocket sat nav, it has lefthand buttons , it has a scroll screen so you CAN use it with gloves on, or screen buttons if stationary, a truly great bit of kit with far more thought gone into it than tomtoms weak effort,
small problem though, its likely to be ?450 when it comes out.
it can be used with ANY BLOOTOOTH KIT, unlike tomtom, that will only bluetooth to its own earpiece, so if u have a bluetooth helmet it will work

SAVE YOUR PENNIES ITS WORTH IT

Natra not getting any commission from garmain Sleep:D

click onto for website

Think this is the one Grahame?

Garmin will be bringing out thier new rider satnav in early november, it will probably only be for sale in bike shops, it pisses all over the fairly shite, nonwaterproof tomtom rider brick, ive seen it and played with it, its truly a pocket sat nav, it has lefthand buttons , it has a scroll wheel so you CAN use it with gloves on, or screen buttons if stationary, a truly great bit of kit with far more thought gone into it than tomtoms weak effort,
small problem though, its likely to be ?450 when it comes out.
it can be used with ANY BLOOTOOTH KIT, unlike tomtom, that will only bluetooth to its own earpiece, so if u have a bluetooth helmet it will work

SAVE YOUR PENNIES ITS WORTH IT

Natra not getting any commission from garmain Sleep:D

Available from your local friendly indie dealer (with HDRCGB discount too!!!!)

Thanks for all the advice. Must be getting old as I'm not sure I understand this. I have an intercom system with a plug for a CD so could I plug the satnav in that and hear it through the Ultra system?

Thanks for all the advice. Must be getting old as I'm not sure I understand this. I have an intercom system with a plug for a CD so could I plug the satnav in that and hear it through the Ultra system?

well there is a socket so i suppose you could, however bluetooth gets rid od the need for all those nasty wires, as you will have to all intents and purposes a wireless reciever and transmitter in your helmet, but i imagine it can be pludgged into toyr intercom system somewhere.
you can recieve and make phonecalls via blutooth to your phone stashed safely away in your pocket...not nessesarily a good idea, but you can.
you can play your i pod thru some, and i belive the garmin has a ready installed mp3 player.

click onto for website

Think this is the one Grahame?

thats it Baza, it seems to be a great bit of kit compared to the tomtom rider, oh and the mountings offered are better than tomtoms too. watch this space tomtom will have to decrease the bulk of thier satnavs soon to keep up with both navman and garmain.
oh and dont touch the tomtom go 510, its pretty poor, and as for the so called hands free from it, dont even bother just picks up far too much road noise...in a car that is.

what a bunch of wingers! The Tom Tom Riderm is now only ?200 and the compo mentioned around ?500. Do the math. I would say pretty good value.

what a bunch of wingers! The Tom Tom Riderm is now only ?200 and the compo mentioned around ?500. Do the math. I would say pretty good value.

except for ?200 you get something that is virtually impossible to use whilst riding, is not waterproof, has very limited bluetooth usage, ie only connects to the tomtom, will not connect to intercoms, phones, mp3 players et al.
has terrible mounts, no european capability, and frankly isnt accurate, does not fit in your pocket when you have actually managed to wrestle it from its mount...............................................or, you can pay 450, for something all singing and dancing, easy to use on the move, bluetooth compatable with almost everything, is waterproof, offers a variety of mounts for all different handlebar set ups, has large screen lettering so you can actually read it, has full european mapping, and above all its accurate, mmmm, lets weigh up the advantages

?200, and shite v ?450 works brilliantly, tough choice, but id rather spend more money on something that is good rather than throw away ?200 on something that is outdated, and doesnt do what it says on the tin.

which is why ive got the Garmin 310D, which fits in my pocket, all singing all dancing bluetooth, mp3 etc etc etc, there are bike brackets made for it, it has all european mapping inclusive, traffic reports and re-routing in case of jams on your planned route camera alerts,great screen image, and only costs ?270 at halfords on line

tell me you havn't bought the tomtom Mr Blackrain;)

Not quite up to speed on this, but am I right in saying that an AA Road Atlas does not require bluetooth compatability, software interface compatability, handle bar mount compatability or my knobs bigger than yours compatability :rolleyes: :D

Points of interest can be written on the page using a PENCIL, (59p at W.H.Smiths, HB or H or B depending on the resolution your prefer ;) )

NB. The poor saps who slavishly follow the satnav directions haven't a clue where they are going. Haven't you guys watched Terminator :eek:

Asta la vista baby :cool:

fair point, well made, but i happen to do a lot of travelling in inner city areas, in cities and towns i dont know, and a map that doesnot show one way systems, is a waste of time....thats most of them, i can get to manchester, birmingham leeds etc without the aid of a map, but you try to find some little backstreet, or navigate a town full of one way systems when a map shows eg. smith street is just off brown street, and you have planned by following little lines to go via jones street, which then turns out to be 1 way, your f@cked mate.:rolleyes: :D :D :D

So do them Satnav things know a one way street from their arse because I heard that they is pretty useless on that score?

So do them Satnav things know a one way street from their arse because I heard that they is pretty useless on that score?

yep, as long as they are up to date, ive had no probs getting around with them, but they do need to be up to date, as council town planners have form for fiddling about with them.
plus if because you go off route because of a closed road, accident etc in a strange town they will re route you, they do have thier uses, especially if you are as bad a navigator as i am

Well in that case fair enuf if you fine them useful. Me I look at the position of the sun, work out where North is and then get totally lost- and it costs me feck all :D

Well in that case fair enuf if you fine them useful. Me I look at the position of the sun, work out where North is and then get totally lost- and it costs me feck all :D

so you only travel in the day do you matey:D :D :D

Back