Security

michael

Club Member
Disappointed there seems to have been no security at your rally, at ?25 a ticket I expect, at the very least, my bike to be safe. Some of us had our side bags pilfered, and parts nicked. While I accept that my belongings are ultimately my own responsibility, you have to understand my reluctance to re visit, Thanks for a good weekend but unfortunately I?m a bit pissed off at this.

Re: Security

Disappointed there seems to have been no security at your rally, at ?25 a ticket I expect, at the very least, my bike to be safe. Some of us had our side bags pilfered, and parts nicked. While I accept that my belongings are ultimately my own responsibility, you have to understand my reluctance to re visit, Thanks for a good weekend but unfortunately I?m a bit pissed off at this.
Mike you haven't stated which rally you attended

He posted on R1, dosni take cluso tae work it oot....
i didnt notice that bit but was this your first rally Mike, it sounds very strange to me i like many of us have rallied for years and thankfully i aint had owt nicked not even at places like the Farmyard or storming where many non bikers attend which can often lead to abit of pilfering.

i didnt notice that bit but was this your first rally Mike, it sounds very strange to me i like many of us have rallied for years and thankfully i aint had owt nicked not even at places like the Farmyard or storming where many non bikers attend which can often lead to abit of pilfering.

Eh ..... not quite pmsl

Already have, I?m sure a member with special powers will elevate me to the same state as the rest of you lol????

fed up up having to prove I?m not a robot

Thieving thankfully is rare, it is totally unacceptable and anyone caught would face punishment, being kicked out of the club (assuming it was a member) would be the least of their worries! That said, unless the rally venue is like a fortress, having security on the gate will not prevent opportunistic thieving of items, as opposed to an entire bike being stolen. Really sad to read this post, but hopefully will not put you off future events, as for my own experience. its been nothing but respect for people's property and in particular their bikes. Many members go out of their way to help anyone in need and it's this comradreship that makes our club so special and worth preserving.

Well i'm lost on one hand I thought a genuine thread about rally theft and then I get the feeling its a wind up ?

Well i'm lost on one hand I thought a genuine thread about rally theft and then I get the feeling its a wind up ?

I'm sure Michael was serious about the thefts, but as it might have been his first rally maybe he misled or didn't pack what he thought he did. :D
Hopefully this experience won't put you off future rallies, there's a good one in Kelso this summer, and Wales this weekend, looking forward to meeting you. :D

Locals or visitors, who knows, the great Hughie Green would say ? when opportunity knocks? could happen at any rally, worth pointing the need for some sort of security at our rally?s though, and most do... stops mouthy people like me from moaning.

I'm sure Michael was serious about the thefts, but as it might have been his first rally maybe he misled or didn't pack what he thought he did. :D
Hopefully this experience won't put you off future rallies, there's a good one in Kelso this summer, and Wales this weekend, looking forward to meeting you. :D
What?s the best oil to use in Wales Barry?

What?s the best oil to use in Wales Barry?

https://www.oil4wales.co.uk

oil 4 wales.jpg

Back