Security

Re: Security

Locals or visitors, who knows, the great Hughie Green would say ? when opportunity knocks? could happen at any rally, worth pointing the need for some sort of security at our rally?s though, and most do... stops mouthy people like me from moaning.

Nice to see you back on the forum Michael, moaning or not ��.

Disappointed there seems to have been no security at your rally, at ?25 a ticket I expect, at the very least, my bike to be safe. Some of us had our side bags pilfered, and parts nicked. While I accept that my belongings are ultimately my own responsibility, you have to understand my reluctance to re visit, Thanks for a good weekend but unfortunately I?m a bit pissed off at this.

Sorry to hear this has happened Michael, Chris is away for a couple of days and can't get on the forum.He's asked if you have a rough idea of when things went missing

Sorry to hear this has happened Michael, Chris is away for a couple of days and can't get on the forum.He's asked if you have a rough idea of when things went missing
not a clue buddy I was a bit pished....local sneaky young team I reckon....no real harm done....on the upside, knowing you guys, yours will be the most secure rally next year and it didn?t spoil a good weekend.

On behalf of all of us at Region 1 west, I'm absolutely gutted to hear about the possibility of theft from a rallyist's bike. Here in the glorious west Highlands, theft is almost unheard of, so for us, it's doubly disappointing. I'm a bit puzzled though and before proceeding any further, can I establish if was anything stolen and if so, what? Looking down the thread, it appears to me that perhaps nothing was lost and due to an eager uptake of drink, a mistake could have occurred. I'm taking this very seriously, because it could put the future of our rally in jeopardy, so let's get the facts established please Michael.

On behalf of all of us at Region 1 west, I'm absolutely gutted to hear about the possibility of theft from a rallyist's bike. Here in the glorious west Highlands, theft is almost unheard of, so for us, it's doubly disappointing. I'm a bit puzzled though and before proceeding any further, can I establish if was anything stolen and if so, what? Looking down the thread, it appears to me that perhaps nothing was lost and due to an eager uptake of drink, a mistake could have occurred. I'm taking this very seriously, because it could put the future of our rally in jeopardy, so let's get the facts established please Michael.
Not the first time I?ve had an ?eager uptake of drink? , I was relieved of some exotic spices, a knife less than thee inches and not lockable, my spare pack of fags ( not the American type) and a pair of reactive shades I looked particularly smooth with. Another bike had the chrome cable covers taken off and another had various items removed from a tank bag. I blame the drink for, amongst other things, my poor sense of humour, bad dancing and morning shivers, but I never get so drunk I don?t know if I?ve been tampered with (unless I?m sharing a tent with Stefan McGinley

We will ensure there's better security next year Michael, though if thieves want in, they will get in, one way or another despite what efforts we make. My main concern is that you feel you might not have had value for money at our rally. ?25 is the minimum we can take for the small numbers of people taking part. In the end, and I've shown the figures to wee Davie, we made a surplus of ?75, but that was only because we sold two T shirts at ?25 apiece. We lost very heavily on the rally entry charge and only made up on the raffle and sale of breakfasts. We all hope you'll come back, because I'm certain you had a cracking weekend but for what you lost. You'll be made very welcome.

Back