Should I Buy A Vrod??

Re: Should I Buy A Vrod??

Yeah. It gets a little tiresome just riding the bike all the time with no down time spent waiting for repairs.;) :D

when i see a decent one for ?5000 i just might buy one :) might be sooner than i think :D

Phil....:cool:

I've seen more or less new Street Rods going for just under ?8K. Even Warrs in London had one at ?8,995 recently.

They tend to be in the rather nasty yellow colour tho!

I quite fancy one myself - getting a bit bored with the lack of power/handling of my Deuce compared to my other (non-Harley) bikes :eek:

Got quite close to a black Street Rod with a few useful (& expensive!) extras at ?7,250 recently. . . . . .

Hey Moley; you know you want to!;) :D

Did you see that thing in the MCN about the V-rod fixed up by Black Bear I think, stonker 0-60 in just over 2 secs and standing quarter in under 10. Pissed off the Japs.

Annoys me too, as the best time I've been able to get on my V-Rod for 0-60, is 2.7 seconds. :( :cool:

Latest bargain bike on EBay:

eBayISAPI.dll

?7,700 - Nov '03 4k miles on the clock, looks immaculate condition

ah but the lesser known B model Moley. if you want class it has to be an A dont you think Bernie?

lawnmower said:
ah but the lesser known B model Moley. if you want class it has to be an A dont you think Bernie?
:eek:

But: note that H-D doesn't make the B model any more.

Actually, I did like the B - for someone other than myself. :rolleyes: But, then, I'm a classy guy! :cool:

of course :D i didnt realise the b had been dropped must have been v successful

lawnmower said:
of course :D i didnt realise the b had been dropped must have been v successful
It's a case where MoCo came around to pressure. The "B" was supposed to b a stripped-down version of the "A". A somewhat "hotter" bike for the streets and twisties.

As MoCo began to realize that the backlash on the small gas tank and the low chassis was cutting into sales of the "Sports" model of the V-Rod, they redesigned the bike, and came up with the Street Rod. Mid-pegs, 5 gallon tank, more ground clearance, etc.

While there were some who preferred the simpler "B" model, the Street Rod would be competition for it. Thus - no more "B". :rolleyes:

Actually - I rather like the Night Rod :eek:

Especially in matt black :eek: :eek:

Sort of gives you a leg up on grunge!;)

Back