Show us your old girls

Re: Show us your old girls

I can see it Martin. Probably Paul can too, but it's so long since he saw an FLH that wasn't in a thousand tea-chests he don't recognise it for what it is! :D

Some gorgeous bikes on here chaps....well jel :smile:

It great to see vintage bikes restored to there former glory.Individuals who have taken the time to rebuild these marquees.The heritage of Harley Davidson lives on.Some how I can,t see the mordern HARLEYS being restored with the same enthusiastic feeling.These older bike are magic and when you see them at a Rally you have to stop and have a good look round and wonder what storys these bike could tell.Keep them coming lads These bikes belong to the wonder years of motor cycleing "The Great Years" When you broke down you just simpley called at the local garage and there was always some enthusiastic fitter willing to give you a hand just for the sheer hell of it.:smile::smile::smile:

Today it is there in all its splendour, very nice except a bit claustrophobic all in one piece like that - tends to confuse a chap.

(when I answered the "who's got a shovel" thread I had thought of putting a space titled "insert Scriv comment here" - right idea, wrong location!)

About time I loaded one here as well!

DSCF0007.jpg

my all time dream bike......... grats m8 surperb..

IMG_0345.jpg

My first 75 FLH 1200. Bought for 1550 quid in 1982 (Yes I got it cheeeeap!)
Currently COMPLETELY stripped down to the last nut and bolt. Being put together, part assembled, bit by bit in my bedroom cum workshop.:D
Was working on the forks tonight. Oh for a nice workshop!

Last edited:

Good work Martin , can't imagine working on a bike without a workshop , hats off to you mate :439:

Flathead fans should have a trip to Beer Tent, in Gypsy's thread Make a club history online, thread number 146 from me will be of interest, although it is not a current club bike (perhaps I should add it here as well..?)

Wonder who has it now?

Some bikes from people who do not come on here.
First Dave Woods ("Woodie") 1936 1290cc model VH, sometimes seen with a sidecar - sometimes a surfboard!
Second John Andrews 1924 model JD74 (from a collection of pocket valvers including 1920 and 1928)

This re worked (by A, Kozelj) photo of an original photo also taken by her was commissioned by the then owner of this XLCR 1000, 1977 model, who then refused to pay. So time passes and now I own the picture/painting and the bike. The picture blows up to over two meters in length and still retains all its detailed glory.

My hope is to rebuild it to as near original as is practical with a view to hopefully making a bike that puts some of the negative mythology of this bike in the bin. I believe I can make it handle OK, release the horse power claimed in publicity and maybe a little more, and improve braking.

We will see. I have a long way to go and LOTS to learn.
Regards,
Bert.
Resident of Spain.

I had to sell quite a few bikes to buy the house in France, so this is all I have left. 44 Chief, 42 WLC, 95 Road King, 69 Electra Glide and a 60 Pre-unit Triumph Bonneville, the car at the end is a 81 Morgan 4/4 and the latest ground up restoration is a 1936 6 cylinder 15hp Riley Kestrel Special.
DSC011382_zps3c4bb134-1.jpg

DSC011672_zpsd2b79cfc.jpg

DSC01251_zps3708140e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Just put these on Beer Tent but thought they'd go well here also. First is Bill Healing's 1915 model 11F followed by Ken Barkham's Forty-five - both seen at the 1979 Brands Hatch Vintage day.

PARSLOW-3_zps103716bd.jpg

PARSLOW-4_zps5170c8dd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is my 1948 Model S, 125cc with girder forks and rubber band suspension.

ModelS_zps217cae66.jpg

And here is a young Willie G Davidson on his first Harley, The Model S

willieg1_zpsd5cbf783.jpg

The good or bad finally come good....well I'm pretty pleased :)....

NEC November 2013. Done and dusted :).

Chaz.

Back