Sx250

Re: Sx250

Not a lot been happening on the Sx front but will try and fire up the little bleeder this weekend .Still not sorted the tank :redface:, and got other stuff to do ,but if i can hear that ting ting ting sound i will be happy .:439:

Weather has been kind for tinkering on projects.....but that's about all!!:frown:

Tinkering is the word Gary ,still bliddy cold in the garage etc ,but i will persevere :439:

Started easy enough ,really have not been doing much .Found a bolt on sidestand that is right thickness but the shims are notched wrong side.Smooth surface to frame so a bit of adaption in order.Now finding the speedo drive tab is catching and bending back ,must be slightly out with washer sizes.:eek:

Where did you get that? It's brilliant. I want the SXT 125 if I can get hold of one but for now I'll have to stick with my ss250.
The SXT125 had two sprockets on the rear wheel and some extra links in the tool kit. My brother in law had one that I used to ride in the early 70's and I just can't find any mention of them now

Not many of those sx125t's about ,have a look back at the link to the 2 stroke harley riders some are on facebook as well..:)

At least you have it running mate! Kick Neil and make sure you both take the 2 stroke to the Poker Run 2013. I promise you won't be alone :D

Any progress on the SX Tony? Mine is going to the mot shop in the next week or so, it was an easy job as it was in good condition when i bought it:)

To be honest mate not a lot of progress, everything is there just needs me to stop
doing other things and concentrate on it ...:reface:
Think will be on the road in the spring in a sort of shabby style..:smile:
Though i seem to remember saying that last year...:D

Sounds like you are ok with yours though, have you given it a go yet ..:wink:

To be honest mate not a lot of progress, everything is there just needs me to stop
doing other things and concentrate on it ...:reface:
Think will be on the road in the spring in a sort of shabby style..:smile:
Though i seem to remember saying that last year...:D

Sounds like you are ok with yours though, have you given it a go yet ..:wink:
Yep i have had a spin on it but only round the block a few times. Seems to start easy and it all works ok so i think its ready for mot :D

2 years have gone by ,looked at it again over the weekend cleaned out tank ,adjusted timing cleaned carb again , fired it up and the engine running nicely.
Will plod on slightly quicker now and get it sorted ,well thats me new plan...

Getting back into just a dodgy light wiring issue to solve then see what MOT man says..Hopefully before winter again..:redface:

I got mine up on the ramp last week and I've made a promise to myself that i will get it running again this year. Needs a new battery, fuel line, and probably a rebore as it sounded a bit rattly last time I rode it, but that was around 10 years ago :redface:
I probably nee to re-seal the tank as well as it hasn't had any fuel in it for around the same amount of time.

Got a pile of bits in case as well :smile: think i better set a deadline for good or bad..

Update,after scratching me head and puzzling many people me lights now work as they should, though when i managed to get the headlamp working as a brake light and the rear had dip and main, i realised that although an innovation it would probably not enhance my chances of an MOT. So another hurdle covered and the italian american switch system beaten, i can now go onwards towards getting the bliddy thing legal.
No photos as head scratching and wire joining not that interesting really, though an audio would be adult only...:eek:

Back