Threat to region?

Just changed one of our cars as we will now be in the next phase of the expansion and it didnt comply, the FXR doesnt comply so if i get caught on it will have to pay, luckily both the shovels dont count as they are to old.
Ill just set up an account and if it catches me ill pay, im hoping ill work out where the camera's are and just avoid them as i leave the zone.

I read somewhere about delivery drivers getting off their bikes and pushing them past the cameras as if your not riding the bike you dont pay..

Last edited:
It is a blooming imposition BUT having checked my vehicles I can advise that it looks like my two twin cams are OK but my diesel Land Rover is not...

As I have said before I am glad I am 62 next birthday, not 22.

On an occasion when we visited hospital and of necessity use their car park (camera sureveillance - pay on exit), we were pleasantly surprised to find upon leaving - 'No charge as the vehicle was not recognised'. Living on a farm along a muddy lane is inclined to make number plates difficult to read . . .

There was a photo circulating the 'Angry Courier' website (it's long gone) many years ago that showed a rider well over the limit crossing Twickenham Bridge Westbound (A316), where the first speed camera was installed. The rider had extended his leg rearwards and twisted his ankle to absolutely cover the number plate!

During the latter part of 2005, the TRF were up for a protest rally against the NERC Bill, then going through the mincer. All sorts of hoops and hurdles were placed in front of us regarding the conditions that the attending vehicles (mostly trailies) had to abide by to get the requisite permission for acceptance. Two of such were; an empty fuel tank, and the removal of the rear drive chain - and of course we had to walk beside the bike. The idea was dropped, as there would have been less than a couple of hundred, and as tens of thousands attended the 'Hunting Act' 2004 had no effect on parliaments decision, saw no point in going ahead.

Screwed.

I like that story from France some years back - a Paris mayor with a hatred of bikes planned a ban on motorcycles in the city centre so thousands of bikers took to the underground/buses etc during a rush hour and the place ground to a halt. The best thing is that the public vented their anger on the mayor rather than the bikers!

Just changed one of our cars as we will now be in the next phase of the expansion and it didnt comply, the FXR doesnt comply so if i get caught on it will have to pay, luckily both the shovels dont count as they are to old.
Ill just set up an account and if it catches me ill pay, im hoping ill work out where the camera's are and just avoid them as i leave the zone.

I read somewhere about delivery drivers getting off their bikes and pushing them past the cameras as if your not riding the bike you dont pay..
Seen a couple pushing their scooters past the LTNs. Not seen them do the ULEZ cameras, but I'm guessing it's the same deal.

Cynical, moi? Once the mayor has got his Greater London-wide way, where next?
I can envisage the applicable years changing - what, say 2015 bikes and petrol cars; 2020 diesels? You read it here first, folks!

The horror, the horror. . . where will it all end!

Dave asks "where will it all end?"
Will it depend on us? Or the likes of those few with 'clout'?
Watch the video from Australia's Rowan Dean. He's inclined to 'over egg' it a bit, but this is a planned future for all.
Fancy rallying within 15 minutes of home?

Getting back to The London Region, the Freedom For Drivers Foundation newsletter is out. Much ado about London:

Last edited:
It's all about control and forced compliance, the climate change bandwagon is just like the Covid lockdown, it's dressed up to look like it's in our best interests, the reality and consequences have a detrimental effect on all our lives. We are going backwards as a country and the freedoms we once took for granted are slowly being removed.

For many who own older vehicles - they are being forced off the road, mobility denied, public transport in the UK is shambolic and expensive. Stay in your cold and damp homes, struggle to pay your bills, meat is a luxury and dairy products becoming too expensive to be consumed daily - let's all become vegan is the long term agenda.

Great Britain - not anymore, WOKE & BROKE BRITAIN although if the nationalists get their way, we will be an island race broken into fiefdoms just like the dark ages!

Merry Christmas!

As Dave alluded to in one of the comments above this is going to hit me in particular . My car is non compliant as is one of my Harleys !
The car is 6 months too old and the bike has no certificate of conformity as it`s a 2001 electra glide and apparently Harley didn't do them then.
But hey my 1981 Shovel head is now classed as historic and can pollute wherever it wants to :).
Hopefully the expansion will get cancelled as soon as it`s exposed as just a money making exercise but to help it along can everyone who sees this post please sign this petition to get Khan out and remove the London Assembly as they are not fit for purpose .

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631763 Just copy and paste on to a search engine .

Thanks Mike

Last edited:
Just sold my diesel 2013 Audi ( :cry: ) but both bikes work ok (1 old/1 newish); will have to survive on that for a while and see.

Useful to those that live in London
We have just opened a ULEZ Emission test centre in south London to fight back at the cost of taking your bike into the ULEZ !!
We have found that most Harleys manage to pass the emissions test and become exempt from paying £12.50 a day penalty
All you need is to come down have an emission. Test and we will do the rest
We are that confident I will offer a No Pass - No fee to anyone on this site
If you need to become exempt then give me a call or pop down
www.ulezbiketest.co.uk
0333 3582666

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Back