True barn (ish) find

Could you copy those pix to me so I can try to find out something about its history please..?

(update - thanks Vince, pix received...stand by)

Last edited:
Sad day for the mighty HDRCGB… 90+ views a mere 9 like, and not a single comment on how stock it is let alone the original accessories.. face book issues or vmcc time ?

It is a stunner, seen a few photos on FB & IG already.
I hope the new owner is planning on joining the club if he's going to be keeping that badge on the bike lol. He lives fairly local to me so hopefully i'll get to see it about somewhere.

Sad day for the mighty HDRCGB… 90+ views a mere 9 like, and not a single comment on how stock it is let alone the original accessories.. face book issues or vmcc time ?

Don't fall in that trap Vince, just because nobody comments or 'likes' it doesn't mean the effort taken to share it with us is not appreciated. Theres a silent majority lurking out there. :encouragement:

Don't fall in that trap Vince, just because nobody comments or 'likes' it doesn't mean the effort taken to share it with us is not appreciated. Theres a silent majority lurking out there. :encouragement:

Lurking where exactly? I come on this forum daily and it dies and dies and dies. I wonder most days why i bother.

I think more people view the forum than post on it.I log in every day but don't always have something to say.

Hi all, I must be one of the biggest lurkers here I log on a few times a day to see what's going on. I don't do Facebook and the like so from a lurker can we keep the forum and the quin going please.

Bill

Only original once and what a great find. Parked since 77, now that is rare one.

I'd do what your mates going to, Fcuk all and leave as is.

I have come across a handful of viewers who are quite recent to Harleys and feel a bit out of their depth about posting, such folks could account for a number of hidden faces. Particularly on the historic side.
By the way, drawn a blank so far with some old contacts but still waiting for others to reply - bit surprised as I'd have thought this was a memorable machine. (some members took the time to paint the colours into the cast badge in the past)

I think it's a lovely bike but I fall into the category, along with many others on here, of knowing nothing about them and so commenting - aprt from 'it's a nice bike' is useless.

Thanks to Vince's info we have him - it was owned by Jack Harmer who joined in April 1956, membership number 25 !! From Colchester, I have him still a member in 1981 - if Vince will allow me (this bit is really from him y'see..) it is a 1952EL sold by Fred Warr in 1962. (obviously it now has a 1955/56 tank badge, ignore that..)

I think that it is in wonderful condition. Not having even touched a Panhead, I wouldn't know where to start with the motor, but with advice, I think I could manage. Personally, I would just be looking to spruce it up and leave well alone, although I have been known to strip and rebuild Ironheads and Shovels, the Pan would be left well alone.

Years ago on one of Vince's bikes he showed me this semi-hidden hydraulic brake line that looked like a cable and ever since then I have wondered if it would be possible to use that with the 1949-71 front brake to make it hydraulic - maybe even twin leading shoe? (y'know, hidden inside the cover plate, if it can take the strain)

Thanks to Vince's info we have him - it was owned by Jack Harmer who joined in April 1956, membership number 25 !! From Colchester, I have him still a member in 1981 - if Vince will allow me (this bit is really from him y'see..) it is a 1952EL sold by Fred Warr in 1962. (obviously it now has a 1955/56 tank badge, ignore that..)

Cheers Paul, I’ll forward details on. Start a fresh thread in beer tent Paul. Use the pics I sent. Good for non member lil bit o history

Last edited:
What a club this is. How many clubs could be shown a bike that's been stored since 1977 and not only find out about the the bike and the owner but when and where it was sold!

That is bloody lovely. I hope the new owner doesn’t “restore” it and I really hope it gets ridden. I love seeing bikes like that being used. ?

Back