V Rod Fuel Guage

Re: V Rod Fuel Guage

Being somewhat lacking in the maths department, could anyone tell me what the likely price in the Uk would be? (With or without any discount)

Rod Bod

Rod Bod said:
Being somewhat lacking in the maths department, could anyone tell me what the likely price in the Uk would be? (With or without any discount)

Rod Bod
Probably around 600 quid.

Don't know why, but it sounds strange hearing a Yank use the word 'Quid'. Nice one, Bernie:D , spoken like a true Brit. Are you getting some practice in for an imminent visit perhaps?

Rod Bod

I keep saying I'm going to get over there, and I will.

By the way, I got an e-mail from Rick's and I'm correct in my estimate of U.S. price for Rick's 5.1 gallon tank for the V-Rod. It's $1,076.31 + $135 shipping. They tell me it comes in black, which is a relief, since white would be a horror.:eek:

Ok - so this is gonna be a really dumb question but.....

How come the Street Rod has a larger fuel tank?

I'm assuming it's revised frame geometry?

Moley
i believe the swinging arm is mounted differently. on the vrsca it sits up tight under the gas tank reducing space available for the tank itself. I recall seeing a discovery channel video on the making of the VRod and there is a bit there when Willie G says about the new wonderful hydroformed frame " i want to be able to put the frame on the wall like an ornament." To be fair the VRod does handle (i didnt rate the Street Rod as high you sit too high) but sadly the d**khead may have a VRod frame on his wall but obviously hasnt taken it for a thrash to Belguim otherwise the numbnuts would have realsied before he signed off the MOCO's future that its not useable for even half decent mileages. But hey whats new here , its all about looks not practicality. I'm sure one of the executives could ask Roger for a page on this web site asking for suggestions for improvements (On all Harleys) and sack half the development dept at the MOCO. He'd have enough suggestions to keep them going for years.

What is strange though is that an independant custom manufacturer has correctly identified a need for a bigger tank and worked out how to make one. Thats one trick that the MOCO have missed, they dont normally miss an opportunity to sting you for something that should be provided as standard. :eek:

It is revised frame geometry. The Street Rod is higher, and the frame is modified.

No question that MoCo could have provided a larger fuel cell even with the old frame geometry (as Rick's have shown), but they prefer to continue to be d!ckheads about this kind of thing. To provide a new tank for the old bikes would be tantamount to admiting they made a misjudgement on the use of the bike. MoCo admit an error? :eek: :(

spot on Bernie :D

i just can never resist the urge to kick the Moco when they make a cock up, its just too strong. :eek: :D

Back