what have you done to your bike today?

Took my 2008 883R in for its MoT today and it passed with no advisories.
😎

IMG_3327.jpeg

gave the evo and the streetglide a good going over the other day and changed the oils. managed to strip the sump plug threads in the sump on the evo. looking at getting an oversize drain plug. was talking to a lad in the garage where i work and they have a kit and selection of oversized plugs i can use. anyone used them? any good? i'm going to do it in situ and try to be careful.
i'm more bothered about having to chuck all that lovely new oil away. was thinking of sieving it and using it to do a flush 🙃

Why would you discard the new oil. Surely the sump plug will have been installed BEFORE you refilled with oil?

Why would you discard the new oil. Surely the sump plug will have been installed BEFORE you refilled with oil?
it was aye, it's always been a bit dodgy but always managed to seal. this time it had a bit of a weep so nipped it up and made it worse. engine's full of silkolene's finest.

Fitted these ‘highway pegs’ from AeeDEA today, for those long roads. Very pleased with the considerable adjustability of them, quality pretty good too… and unlike the old style bolt on the crash bar type the don’t move if you put any weight on them. Dont touch down ether on extreme lean angles … arrived within 5 days too 👍👍 all the way from India.

IMG_8939.jpeg

IMG_8942.jpeg

IMG_8943.jpeg

Put a bungee on the sidestand.

Went on the Lincolnshire Wolds Run, the stand giving up the ghost on the way there.

Saw lots of riders, this bike - again - and learnt three things:
1. Jiffy springs live for 28 years, then die
2. Always carry an item of bondage wear
3. Lincolnshire roads are lovely, Nottinghamshire roads are shite

20240504_164836.jpg

20240504_141938.jpg

The headlight came with a loom that replaced the old headlight to bike loom. The one with the three bulbs hanging over the bottom yoke. Hope that’s clear, it’s a bit difficult to explain.

Bob, if you buy a led headlight, make sure its for a harley, then it comes with tbe conversion harness.

The ones listed for a car, dont.

Back