what have you done to your bike today?

devon.john

Club Member
i just painted the front mudguard and adjusted and tightened the screen on the MT.
cleaned the Mukuni 42 on the big twin , now waiting for my heads and cams come to start assembly.:p

john

Re: what have you done to your bike today?

Cleaned it here just before it pi**ed it down. :D I was going to take off the front wheel, it needs a new tyre before the MOT in February, but I thought I'd wait for mi Brother to hold the bike while I jack her up to avert disaster.. No fancy lifts here..

Hills

Done bugger-all to it. Was going to give it a wash and see if the battery had enough life in it (and take it for a blat if it had), and then it started pissing it down, so me 'n' 'er went to Tesco to buy some stuff for the forthcoming baby instead.

Done bugger-all to it. Was going to give it a wash and see if the battery had enough life in it (and take it for a blat if it had), and then it started pissing it down, so me 'n' 'er went to Tesco to buy some stuff for the forthcoming baby instead.

Get an Optimate4 for ya birthday Shifty and never worry about ya battery again.

:wink:
Hills

Get an Optimate4 for ya birthday Shifty and never worry about ya battery again.

:wink:
Hills

The charger I've got also works as an optimiser, but the bike lives outside, so I can't really leave it connected.

Buy the Baby an Optimate.:439:

The charger I've got also works as an optimiser, but the bike lives outside, so I can't really leave it connected.

Do you ride all winter?

Do you ride all winter?

Haven't done this winter, largely due to much more snow than usual, and said impending sprog, but usually do, yeah. Hoping to get out next weekend maybe. The weather doesn't put me off but, if I'm going to take the bike out and get it covered in salt, I need to be able to wash it (and cover it back up) before dark, otherwise it'll be festering all week.

Nice one - while the bike is under cover I would take the battery out (2 min job) and leave it on the Optimate for the good of the battery, especially as in your case, if the bike was outside in the frost and cold. I'm not telling you how to suck eggs but Optimate4's are very good..

Hills

On the RK riding in gale force winds and torrential rain through Oxenholme and Hebden Bridge returning from the Rallyman's. Crazy but I loved it.:D

Nice one - while the bike is under cover I would take the battery out (2 min job) and leave it on the Optimate for the good of the battery, especially as in your case, if the bike was outside in the frost and cold. I'm not telling you how to suck eggs but Optimate4's are very good..

Hills

No, you're dead right. I usually leave the battery on, thinking I'm going to use the bike far more than I actually end up doing. Just a lazy-arse really. To be fair to the bike though (and battery) I've had it since 2002, never changed the battery and only had to charge it once so far (or maybe twice, not sure).

No, you're dead right. I usually leave the battery on, thinking I'm going to use the bike far more than I actually end up doing. Just a lazy-arse really. To be fair to the bike though (and battery) I've had it since 2002, never changed the battery and only had to charge it once so far (or maybe twice, not sure).

That's surprised me, maybe the Optimate is not needed after all. :D I can be lazy too at times when it comes to cleaning the back wheel but that's another story..

On the RK riding in gale force winds and torrential rain through Oxenholme and Hebden Bridge returning from the Rallyman's. Crazy but I loved it.:D

Sounds like fun Tony - hard Bas***d!! :D

Hills

Checked my Optimates. Took off tourpak. Fitted swish new Kuryakyn LED tail-light. Feelin' smug.... :D

Tried to move/change my tax disc holder only to find that the tax disc holder on there is probably in the only place it will go and the one I wanted to change it for doesn't seem to fit anywhere!! :redface:

Removed the cover and fired it up ( great feeling ) cant wait for a bit of dry weather .:smile:

Tried to move/change my tax disc holder only to find that the tax disc holder on there is probably in the only place it will go and the one I wanted to change it for doesn't seem to fit anywhere!! :redface:

I haven't displayed a tax disc in about 10 years (the bike's always taxed) and never been done, so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

Back