what have you done to your bike today?

Re: what have you done to your bike today?

took the carb off the Devistator and checked my jets ...42 pilot,(should that naw be 45) 180 main, dynojet emultion tube right enough with the 2 wee holes, dynojet spring I'd imagine cause it is "soft" to the touch...opened the vac hole in the slide base with a 3mm drill bit held in my fingers. discovered the needle was on the 3rd groove from top so moved it to the 4th where it should be, 2-1/2 turns out on the enricher screw,
assigned my home made filter and screeching starlings to the blue tote in inspection pit... Michael I signed them back in mate, they're on level 2 room 9, shelf 6 ...:wink: cha! I need tae phone yi cause I've managed to get the inspection pit opened and reactivate some of the teleporters 3 are wonky need tae tell yi which wans naw tae use.
refitted K&N filter to keep engine clean,
ripped the cat out a stock 04 silencer and using a 25mm hole saw on the end of a long adaptor bored out the baffle plate, nice mellow sound now with a strange but cool little whistle at tick over, sounded very much like my old road rocket when accelerating, bike is transformed about town, no more feathering throttle and de-clutching, spitting through carb and all that shit. :D
starts better and ticks over without enricher after 2 mins warm up. :D
lowered back end and removed and stripped down forks, fitted progressive front fork lowering kit, changed 9 year old moco fork oil for nice new atf.
bike is now running like a drunken banshee on heat :D
it's been a busy day :smile:

Last edited:

fitted the heated grips to my street glide. had to buy the hd ones as i didn't fancy boring out my bars for the heat demons (which by the way are a great bit of kit) and didn't fancy heated gloves.

by the way if anyone has a street glide with the fly by wire gubbins and is going to fit the heated grips, don't bother clarting about for an hour pulling the throttle sender unit out of the handlebars and feeding the wires through like the instructions tell you to as you need the smallest hands in the world and then when you're finally done and got it out you'll notice that harley must use the same loom on all the tourers and there's already the connector that you need just sitting there, in the fairing looking you in the face with a big daft grin on it.

when you realise this, your missus will come out to the garage and think that the scream you've just let out was the result of personal injury or worse.

Ooh almost forgot (technically wasn't done today) I fitted my last mod to take pillions, the pegs. Took my friend out afterwards and it went well :) stopping is pretty weird but it just needs practice.

View attachment 18847

That's nice of you. Hope the last ride goes well. What is it you do/did out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initially disaster relief after the earthquake, then infrastructure reconstruction, then a little foray to Sierra Leone Working for African Minerals, working for their foundation arm on a WATSAN (WATER AND SANITATION) Project in the Brie Slums of Freetown, and I have just project managed a small Surgery construction project and well as managing a bamboo housing project and planned a bamboo plantation going towards sustainable housing.

In my spare time, each weekend I take turns in teaching English to adults at the Wonderful Institute in Ou Cayes or the Piou Piou Kindergarten which I show childrens films on a Friday night which I get about 100+ kids and adults (thanks charleyharley for projectors) organise games and do rudimentary health checks.

When I not sleeping, I carry out my own small projects where I fund two families who lost their husbands and partners in the quake.

The people here are wonderful and so grateful for any help or assistance in their lives. But it can be a little fraught and dangerous at times.lol

Oh andI work for Essence d'Haiti / Cresfed which is funded by Croix Rouge International.. there you go n ot much is it lol

Ridden it,cleaned it and treated the leather seat and bags,added some Moreys fuel additive which is a fuel system cleaner and upper cylinder lubricant and then looked at it very proudly.

Yesterday, had the Apollo serviced, new headlamp holder, new main fuse, chain tightened and oiled. all the engine mounting bolts were loose, the crash bars suffered another fracture on the ride down Saturday, the steering cantered all this of the equivalent of ?8.00 Bloody typical isn't it it rides perfect now its gone, handed it over this morning at 9am on the coach come by 10am

Going to miss this machine:frown:

Took the Shovel for a spin.

Initially disaster relief after the earthquake, then infrastructure reconstruction, then a little foray to Sierra Leone Working for African Minerals, working for their foundation arm on a WATSAN (WATER AND SANITATION) Project in the Brie Slums of Freetown, and I have just project managed a small Surgery construction project and well as managing a bamboo housing project and planned a bamboo plantation going towards sustainable housing.

In my spare time, each weekend I take turns in teaching English to adults at the Wonderful Institute in Ou Cayes or the Piou Piou Kindergarten which I show childrens films on a Friday night which I get about 100+ kids and adults (thanks charleyharley for projectors) organise games and do rudimentary health checks.

When I not sleeping, I carry out my own small projects where I fund two families who lost their husbands and partners in the quake.

The people here are wonderful and so grateful for any help or assistance in their lives. But it can be a little fraught and dangerous at times.lol

Oh andI work for Essence d'Haiti / Cresfed which is funded by Croix Rouge International.. there you go n ot much is it lol

Wow you're a nice fella. Must be a really really rewarding but extremely hard job. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washed it, waxed it, then said to the wife 'I need some help with this ladder' just before dropping the extention ladder right across it!!!!!!

Anyone have a number for 'Chips Away'?????

Pressure washed it yesterday, started polishing it today. It's the first proper clean it's had since last Summer.

Two hours to polish both wheels and get the white walls looking good. Just another 13 or so hours to go and it'll all be done.

I can't turn up at the AGM on a dirty bike...no one else will :wink:...unless Baff's going :D

Brian.

checked the tyre pressures, stuck a new engine in and cleaned the carby...:smile:

Picked up a K75RT from Bearsden and rode it 225 miles home. It ran well and might well be a decent buy.

Changed the silencers over to quieter ones as she has to go for an MoT on Tuesday (more like a PSV here in N. I.) I checked the tyre pressures; lights, horn, fog light, hand brake. all is working ok, so fingers crossed.

Fixed some old Krauser panniers onto my 350 AJS ready for a trip into France for the Jampot International Rally near Piotiers next week :D

Blacked the chrome heat shields, touched up the stone chips on the forks, eyebrow and casings, , identified which relay is fecked, took the fine wire wool to the alloys and cleaned them up, deep cleaned and polished every other bit of paintwork, fitted the new exhaust clampy, clippy things and refitted the tank. Just waiting for my new relays from Blenk and hopefully that's her back on the road. Can't wait. All done over the last few days as wire wooling alloys doesn't half screw up the athritic thumbs!

Fixed some old Krauser panniers onto my 350 AJS ready for a trip into France for the Jampot International Rally near Piotiers next week :D

If they're old,and you used Krauser frames,put a bungy strap over the bike between the pannier handles.:)

Fitted a new front brake disc on my roadking classic. The old one was slightly warped, and was pulsating when braking. Got on my bloody nerves.

Back