Asking to much?

Re: Asking to much?

A 350 mt in this sort of condition 5 or 6 months back was going for under ?1000.00 or less. Now it looks like most sellers are asking around the ?1500.00 any ideas why the cost is rocketing? or are they just pushing there luck? Harley Davidson MT350 Army Military Motorcycle Armstrong | eBay

Too many fools on here buying them!:D:D:D

Like anything else if the demand is greater than the supply the price goes up. Check the MOD clearance site for the better price - that's where they all come from.

A 350 mt in this sort of condition 5 or 6 months back was going for under ?1000.00 or less. Now it looks like most sellers are asking around the ?1500.00 any ideas why the cost is rocketing? or are they just pushing there luck? Harley Davidson MT350 Army Military Motorcycle Armstrong | eBay
Spot on with that I tried to buy one xmas wk he wanted ?1500 and it was a bag of shite when I got a look at it As he said to me its a Harley Davison one of a few Not for me it could stay one of a few.I have bought alot older bikes in the past always bought on condition not the make.Im daft but just not that daft If a motor is clean and well shod its worth buying but when they are just bits clagged together with string and tape I know when someone is pulling the pi.....I have given up now bought another jap bike instead.:wink:

Reasons for price;

1} The H-D name.

2} Supply has dried up. Last MOD bikes sold out rapidly.

3} They are very good.

4} MT Riders Club promote them well. Excellent Club.

5} Look on this site. Some of our most active Riders use them.

6} Easy to work on.

Exactly the same happened with the ex-military Guzzis.

I paid ?2,200 for mine in '02, and they're selling for ?3,500 or more now, simply because the supply has dried up.

Somebody on our Nuovo Falcone Form just paid ?6000!

If they're not making them any more, and there's a demand, then the only way is up...

Much prettier than an MT though...:wink:
snow.jpg

As already said 'Supply and Demand' has pushed the prices up. I've looked since before xmas and in that time a good registered runner has gone form around ?1200 to ?1500. Even the old tat has gone over priced :mad:

Looking on the bright side, those who have already purchased are hanging on to appreciating assets, and will now have to sit them in their garages, preferably on a velvet covered plinth, rather than thrash them about muddy lanes and fields.

Bugger, maybe that's not such a bright side after all...

I'm guessing that the supply has dried up primarily by the upsurge of interest within the club...

Can't see them fetching 45 prices in 70 years time though... :D

Quote - Can't see them fetching 45 prices in 70 years time though... :D

I dont think we will be alive then to find out :frown: :wink: :D

Sad, but probably true....:eek:

But it does mean I can make bold predictions without fear of contradiction.... :D

Well I must confess, thanks to Dave_Scott, I was able to purchase one recently and in response to an earlier post, in my order of priority, this why I think they are so popular, now that I do own one.

1) Thay are very good - well in fact they are very very good and a whole heap of fun. If you've never ridden off-road, try it, you can really enjoy the biking instead of spending half the time looking out for idiot drivers. Almost forgot, built like tanks, so dropping it is never a problem.

2) Easy to work on - Absolutely, at the end of the day they where designed to be dismantled at the side of the road by some spotty young squaddie, so anyone who has been rounds bikes a while will find it easy to do their own maintenance, even changing the tyres is fairly straight forward. Finally on this point, it would appear other makers parts fit, which makes 'customising it' to your own spec fairly straight forward as well.

3) MT Riders Club promote them well. Excellent Club - Couldn't agree more, like this site, full of useful information, posted by a great bunch of people.

4)Look on this site. Some of our most active Riders use them - Got to agree, I did a bit of research and read some threads, which finally made my mind up, glad I did.

5) Supply has dried up. Last MOD bikes sold out rapidly - I don't think this is why people have them, I may be mistaken, but there are a whole load of alternatives out there, but you definately won't get points 1 & 2 with many other bikes.

6) The H-D name - The very last reason I bought one and if you speak to other riders, I think you'll find the fact they where made by H-D, not really high on the reasons for having one, I suppose there will be one or two who have them because they are H-D, but I bet that is far outweighed by the rest, I mean a lot of MT owners ride the Armstrong 500, which is obviously a bit more pokey, but doesn't have the electric start (unless you mod it)

So there's my two penneth, I love my FXDC and nothing would ever replace it, but for some fun, laughs, some serious off-road riding and the ability to do nearly all the maintenance yourself, I don't reckon the MT 350 can be beat.

Morning

I ride mine regular, its a high ride compared to the sportster, i can see above cars .
Its only a 350 max speed downhill 70 ha ha.
I mainly ride along the marshes and coast.

The bike cost me ?1000 nearly 3 years ago and was a bit of a mess.
Stripped clean painted all that was missing were the panniers and gun box .
I bought these at a cost of ?200 with mountings.

They are so easy to ride for long legs as im 5ft 10in and am on tip toe, suspension on lowest !

Maintainance easy as timing is a ruler between marks.
All parts are available through the MT riders club and the help they give in solving problems is second to none

They are a rotax engine , the frame has the Harley vin number and side panels Harley logo.

I have just stripped and re-sprayed all in correct colours.

Regards
Steve

Last edited:

Off topic but Ive got to ask Jake what's the colour of the frame and tank? Was riding with my mate yesterday and he was talking about stripping his Condor and re-painting. We had different opinions on what would look best and that Guzzi colour looks somewhere in between where we were coming from.

And much nicer than an MT- hideous :redface:

i think i have sold mine ?1400 with all my spairs
the down side of the MT is the rotax parts prices very very expensive

an example
new piston bare ?150 rings?50 glugion pin?45, exhaust valve ?70 and theres two!!
generator ?750 i no thers alot of ex-army parts out there but new parts are going to get harder to get cheap,

this is one of the reasons i am move my bike on.

john

Back