Asking to much?

Re: Asking to much?

Off topic but Ive got to ask Jake what's the colour of the frame and tank? Was riding with my mate yesterday and he was talking about stripping his Condor and re-painting. We had different opinions on what would look best and that Guzzi colour looks somewhere in between where we were coming from.

I don't have a number for it, but if you have a word with Stuart Mayhew at NLM, he might be able to help you out. They used to stock the semi-matt green paint. TBH, I'm not sure it's the original colour. I've seen them in various shades, although most have been gloss, so possible repaint jobs. I recently bought a NOS rear mudguard from a guy in Yugoslavia, and it's definitely a different colour to mine, although close enough. I like the Condor. Even rarer than the Falcone in the UK.
This Condor looks similar in colour; maybe a bit darker? Assume it's the Ducati-based 350 he has?

Yeah, it's the 350 single. And fair play it can crack on at 70 mph, not bad for 1978. Ta for the info on the paint, I'll pass it on. :smile:

This, I can safely say, is possibly the BEST

My Mate still has his fir sale if anyone is looking for one, he wants ?1400 for it and its a nice bike, its probably not as good as that one:D

So what do the American Military use nowadays
anybody know ?
sorry no offense intended, but I think the MT is Butt Ugly
beauty is in the eye of the beholder I spose
and if wernt for that old adage ugly F@cks like me would never get married..:D

Morning
They are so easy to ride for long legs as im 5ft 10in and am on tip toe, suspension on lowest !

I was tempted by one of these MT's. I love the look and have always wanted a dirt bike but for that reason above I'd have no chance lol.

I was tempted by one of these MT's. I love the look and have always wanted a dirt bike but for that reason above I'd have no chance lol.

Rear shocks from a MT500 are shorter, then drop the fork tubes through the yokes to suit, I dropped them by 30mm

My wife rides one and only has a 29" inside leg :wink:

So what do the American Military use nowadays
anybody know ?

I think it's these diesel 650's:

600-klr.jpg

Kawasaki KLR650 - Diesel-Sipping Motorcycle for the Marine Corps - Military - HDT M103M1 - New York Times

Steve

If you go on the MT website you will see one that was lowered by approx 4 inches.

Rear shocks from a MT500 are shorter, then drop the fork tubes through the yokes to suit, I dropped them by 30mm

My wife rides one and only has a 29" inside leg :wink:

Thanks Dave. Interesting to know!
If I ever get a 2nd bike I could see it being a dirt bike so the info could come in handy!

A mate is selling his Armstrong MT500. If anyone's interested let me know and i'll put you in touch.
Steve

A mate is selling his Armstrong MT500. If anyone's interested let me know and i'll put you in touch.
Steve

I will have a nice 500 for sale also after Xmas, have a mate who wants first refusal tho, depending on if he has any money left :D

A 350 mt in this sort of condition 5 or 6 months back was going for under ?1000.00 or less. Now it looks like most sellers are asking around the ?1500.00 any ideas why the cost is rocketing? or are they just pushing there luck? Harley Davidson MT350 Army Military Motorcycle Armstrong | eBay
Hi i dont own an mt but love the look of them and off roading capabilitys so when i spied one under a pile of army surplus stuff at a army surplus warehouse near me i couldnt help but take an interest this was begining of last year its complete with all its gun case and storage boxes looks like as it was suppled to the army small dent in tank but otherwise good how much i asked 1500 quid was the answer bit pricey i thought and restrained my self from buying it as i already have a sportster .this week a friend of mine said was looking for sumut a bit different i mentioned the mt so we went and had a look its still there same place slightly buried as it was a year ago but now the price is 2200.and he wount budge by looks of things this is still a good price but :9399D3F58B324EE1B68 should of got it a year ago

Hi i dont own an mt but love the look of them and off roading capabilitys so when i spied one under a pile of army surplus stuff at a army surplus warehouse near me i couldnt help but take an interest this was begining of last year its complete with all its gun case and storage boxes looks like as it was suppled to the army small dent in tank but otherwise good how much i asked 1500 quid was the answer bit pricey i thought and restrained my self from buying it as i already have a sportster .this week a friend of mine said was looking for sumut a bit different i mentioned the mt so we went and had a look its still there same place slightly buried as it was a year ago but now the price is 2200.and he wount budge by looks of things this is still a good price but :9399D3F58B324EE1B68 should of got it a year ago

If i were you i would hold your horses. This time of year they pop up from time to time. Sold mine for ?1100.00 taxed and mot'd up and running, the same as i paid for it a year ago, although i had done a few bits to it.

If i were you i would hold your horses. This time of year they pop up from time to time. Sold mine for ?1100.00 taxed and mot'd up and running, the same as i paid for it a year ago, although i had done a few bits to it.

No you didn't Graham, you sold it for ?1300 :D.

I know , I bought it :169B9ADF431545348BC.

That's Graham in trouble with Wormy :439:

:eek::eek: Slept since then

:p Still a fair price anyway as i brought front panniers and the pannier frame and doughnuts on top of the price of the bike:wink: Sell it to Bert for ?2,200.00:9399D3F58B324EE1B68

Back