Once signed in to 'Newbies Section' "If your from Kent, say hello here also'

kevin bolden

Club Member
Newbies Say Hello
Try out the forums, say hello and introduce yourself.
As part of process of compiling an 08 fixtures calendar it occurred to some that it would be interesting to know how many members are in region 17. Well those with net access anyway.So as a means of getting an idea of no's its suggested a thread titled "introduce yourself" be started where members are invited to reply ONCE ONLY introducing yourself. You can say as little or as much as you want about yourself, nothing you feel that might be sensitive. It would help however if you named your town/village as this would enable us to create a picture as to the no's and the memberships spread across the region. It could even be broken down further to show the no's and spread within the regions groups This info might prove useful when it comes to compiling the said rideouts calendar to parts of the region and beyond ,as well bringing together the region and its groups in the club spirit. You never know a club member might live in your street. Again please limit your reply to an INTRO ONLY, leaving any views on a different thread, so as not to cloud the no's being gathered. Ride safe. Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: "introduce yourself"

Let me be the first to get this thread rolling

Im Kevin Bolden, no user name as of yet. 53 yrs old twice married with two daughters and two bike fanatical Grandsons, Im employed locally as a factory manager, part of which involves me as a turner/ miller toolmaker.
Hometown. Broadstairs.

I live in Garlinge,Margate. I have 2 kids (grown up) had a H-D for nearly 12 years,tho been riding on and off since I was 16
Retired from Royal Mail after 25 years,Now work in a factory at Whitstable. Im Assistant Rep for Region 17s South East area. 53 Years old.

Last edited:

my name is bill,I work as a plumber,gas fitter & heating eng, Iam married to Anne,and have 3 children,2 adult sons,and a 12 yr old girl,Ive been self employed most of my life,and like it that way,Ive allways been into bikes since my first at 12,but only really got into harleys in the last two years,i have made a decesion that i will never be without one,and my next one will be my last.Iam one of the youngest in our little group,and I look it,Iam quite shy,and timmid,and never out spoken.:439::wink:

Neil "Chopper" Harris

32 years old one daughter (3 years old) married live in Bexleyheath, I am a software support Manager for a derivatives software company in London,but started my working life of as a Mechanic/Panel Beater. Been riding and Building harleys for the last 5 years, Building custom bikes for the last 10 years and riding different types of bikes since i was about 4 years old.
I am assistant Rep for region 17 North area

I'm Roger, live in Cliffsend near Ramsgate with my wife Pat, have two grown up kids and work as a mechanical design engineer. I have ridden bikes pretty much continually since I was 16, and believe me that's a very long time!
Owned Harleys for the last 13 years, starting with an 883 Sportster and have owned my current ride, a Superglide from new. She'll be ten years old this year! Also own an XT250 Yam which is my winter hack!
Have a musical duo called the 'Vtwins', surprise surprise, and am a published poet! That's about it in a nutshell! :smile:

John Truman

Originally from Bexleyheath, I've lived in Birchington since 1992. I have been happily married for twenty years and have two sons, one now at university.
I studied for my first degree at Avery Hill College, Eltham and began teaching in 1987. I was a headteacher from 2000 to 2006 and now work for KCC as an education officer.
I've played guitar in various bands since I was knee high, but not at the moment, since the job has its demands.
The 100th Anniversary Sportster is my third Harley. Prior to that I rode Z900s for a number of years, with a spell in the eighties riding Triumphs.

JohnT

Hi, I'm Brian Keywood, I have been riding since I was 16, 48 now married with 2 kids and live in Gillingham, first Harley was 7 years ago a 76 XLCH Sportster but now have an 82 Superglide. Been a member of the club for 6 years, don't know too many of you, hoping this will change.

Brian

I'm Angus , i live in Cliftonville in thanet . I'm married for the second time and have four children ranging in ages from 22 to 6. I worked for Pfizer as a senior process operator for 20 years before taking voluntary redundancy last year , after taking a retraining course in wall and floor tiling I'm trying to pursue this as a career but i may have to take another job and do this part time.
My older brother was in a bike club ( the right foot shifts ) in the 70's so that's probably were my interest in bikes comes from. Been riding on and off since I was 17.
Bought my harley 6 years ago a 1998 superglide before that i rode a yamaha xv535 and a CB200.

I'm Sue
and that'll do!

Troy.Live just up the road from Tenterden,Kent.Married,4 children.Electrician.42.On the bikes from 16.Bikes over the years have consisted of BSA Bantam,KH100,KH250,KH350,400/4,Z200,RD400,Guzzi V1000 and Z750.Had the Harley for about 3 years.I wanted something with a good basic engine that didn't look like a spaceship :D.Something I could work on and toodle about on.My battered old 89 Sporty (called Bob for some obscure reason by the children) ticks all the boxes for me.I know every single rattle and clank.(of which there are quite a few:redface:)

I'm Gray. Aged 61 but could easily be mistaken for a thirty year old having a hard life. I live in Canterbury so I can be at hand if the Arch Bishop needs any advice. I've ridden Harleys and haunted the Club since 1970 when I first got my 45. Since then I've added a 74 Sporty and a 96 Evo eGlide to the stable. Married to Eileen and we have one son aged 30 who rides a Suzuki but is still a good bloke.

Im Rod. 32. Married with a 3 year old daughter one dog a cat and loads of fish. I was born in Margate and live in Margate.

I work at Pfizer as an Controls and Instrumentation Technician (Engineer). I am an obsessive polisher and tinkerer. Have been riding 5 years or so now and owned my sportster around 4 of them.

I suffer anxiety attacks that limit my traveling and social skills at the moment. The local members are helping me to resolve this.

I love bikes, ride everyday and have three at the moment. I would like a road king or softail when I have enough money.

Maybe catch some of you on the road sometime somewhere ,take it easy:wink:

I'm Andy and live in Medway.:frown:I've just joined the forum.:60277EB7B04744289C0I'm 42, married and have 2 girls.Ride a Sportster 883r and have ridden since I was 18. Hope to catch up with some of you when the weather lightens up!:D

Im Martin,aged married with 2 daughters,and 2 grandsons,i live in Teynham.Been riding bikes on and off since 1982.Wanted a Harley after seeing several cracking examples at the Kent Custom bike show in 1983 at what was the old A20 cafe at Harrietsham.after lots of Japanese bikes over the next 20 years i finally saved up enough dough to buy my 1st Harley,a 883 Sportster in 2003,loved it so much that 4 months later traded it for my present bike a 2003 FXDX.Been a member of this club after meeting big AL at the Detling show in 03,and enjoy the laid back attitude,without the ego`s associated with another club.

my name is big dave and i kive in ashford. im not a club member yet but soon will be hopefully. ive been riding since i was 16 and am now 42 years going on 18 (mentaly not physicaly). got my 1st harley last year, 2007 street bob
and i love it. i work on the railway so weekend time off is like rocking horse s##t but i ride whenever i can.

I'm Allen (Also known as Woody) see you around the region and HDRCGB rallies and hopefully on a few rideouts.
Ride Safe, Ride free

My name is Mark and have lived in Margate around 3 years.

Married with 1 daughter and a cat.

Owned bikes since 1979 and had the Harley (my first) for nearly 4 years. I also have a Yamaha XJR1300.

Into American cars as well and I currently have a 1967 Chevrolet C10 pickup.

Work for an oil company as an Account Manager covering the South East.

Shadow Seeker A.K.A Garieth
Maidstone born 'n' bred.
Been riding bikes rain or shine (as I can't drive) since 1981 but only had my Sportster custom since 2005.
I don't get to the monthly meets much but will catch you at a rally or three and maybe some of the planned ride outs.
Cheers :60277EB7B04744289C0

Back