Pav 40 Trailers

Re: Pav 40 Trailers

Hey Phil - great site!!
I'm certainly going to keep the link for the future.
Thanks. :wink:
SF

Hi penfold and Snowflake.

I've been toying with the idea of a Pav trailer for a while. There is a bit of info you may be able to give me, can you tell me the measurement from the ground to the pin mounting when the trailer is level as per the picture in post 5 (penfold)

Thanks. :)

.... that's far to modern for the likes of me.... :D "old and slow is the way to go" as someone probably said somewhere at sometime........

Hi M8,
I measured mine as 17" from the ground to the centre of the horizontal pin.
See pics:

DSC00470.jpg

DSC00465.jpg

Thanks for that Rob.
I'm looking at some sort of concealed mounting based around the stock Wide glide fender and mountings, so it won't look too out of place when the trailers not hitched up.

Thanks for that Rob.
I'm looking at some sort of concealed mounting based around the stock Wide glide fender and mountings, so it won't look too out of place when the trailers not hitched up.

Good call - I'll be re-doing mine over the next few months (getting it flusher to the tyre) and I'm also looking at fitting a flexi-coupling rather than the current 'OEM' style connector.

John

i like that trailer a lot :) i have an eaglemate one down here and one in me garage back home in blighty :169B9ADF431545348BC

I've seen a PAV 41 on eBay.

It says in the discription:-

The keen eyed will notice that the chassis has been reinforced with a brace from the side bars to the swan neck. It is not unknown, with hard use, for the chassis to crack at the place where the swan neck joins the chassis . The reinforcement prevents this.

It might be useful to check the PAV's frame to check for damage occasionally and if there is any to weld on the brace as stated.

PAV411.png

PAV412.png

The trailer above, has rubber suspension and is a PAV 41, not the spring suspension of the PAV 40, despite what said in the description.

It also says:-

I will happily give advice on fitting to other machines, as the nose down height of the trailer is critical.

Did you have this problem?

I've seen a PAV 41 on eBay.

It says in the discription:-

The keen eyed will notice that the chassis has been reinforced with a brace from the side bars to the swan neck. It is not unknown, with hard use, for the chassis to crack at the place where the swan neck joins the chassis . The reinforcement prevents this.

It might be useful to check the PAV's frame to check for damage occasionally and if there is any to weld on the brace as stated.

Not noticed any issues with this, but the rolling chassis is off for powdercoating soon, so I will take a closer look.

Penfold said:
It also says:-

I will happily give advice on fitting to other machines, as the nose down height of the trailer is critical.

Did you have this problem?

Mine rides sweet, but that was based on common sense (? :9399D3F58B324EE1B68?) rather than knowledge..... I might drop him a line and ask his advice - it's currently sitting at 17" from ground to central (horizontal) pivot; I'll see what he says.

Thanks for that M8. :wink:

I'm famous!!
....well, sort of.
Pics made it onto Jan's Site in Sweden. :439:

Looking good! :439:

Nice write up in the Quin BTW! :D

A rather nice PAV 40 has appeared on eBay if anyone feels like joining the monowheel club.
Not too bad a price at ?650 buy it now. It looks mint! :439:

Last edited:

Just finished the winter rebuild, no changes in appearance really.
Powdercoated the frame, swingarm, coupling and put a new wheel hub on.
Hopefully be at the V&S with a slightly modified hitch....

Bump.....

Just tracking down a few details on this post before the Super Rally when I noticed the viewing figures!! :9399D3F58B324EE1B68

Guessing it's down to Google as it is quite high on the list when you enter 'Pav'. :smile:

Not only am i resurrecting one of the best viewed threads on this site :)eek: !!!) but also announcing a change to my trailer hitch.

Now moved to flexi-coupling setup.

Pics to follow!!

Back