Pav 40 Trailers

Re: Pav 40 Trailers

........standby for a little bit of modification!!:439:

First thing to do is bin that Barum 12 x 4 tyre. It's only rated at 70 kph (43 mph). Get a Mitas Aero 12 x 4 tyre on, it's rated to 100 kph (62 mph), the legal max speed to tow it in this country.

This Swedish PAV is a good site to get parts, as are these eBay stores = Jawa Power Ersatzteilhandel and Ost2Rad.de

This Vespa PAV Replica trailer on eBay looks good at ?300 to ?550 (cheaper than a PAV).
It looks very similar to the Single Wheel Trailers on F2 Motorcycles website.
The wheel looks bigger and will give more choice of tyres.

Last edited:

Hey Snowy.....thats veeery nice mate.

Think i can guess what colour its gonna be ........

Yer be able to bring more tinnies with ya in one go than all of they west countrys boys put together!!! :D

Looking forward to seeing it kitted up.....:smile:

Hey Snowy.....thats veeery nice mate.

Think i can guess what colour its gonna be ........

Yer be able to bring more tinnies with ya in one go than all of they west countrys boys put together!!! :D

Looking forward to seeing it kitted up.....:smile:

Hadn't thought of that one mate.....was trying to be practical with tentage etc....you have a good point there :D :439:

First thing to do is bin that Barum 12 x 4 tyre. It's only rated at 70 kph (43 mph). Get a Mitas Areo 12 x 4 tyre on, it's rated to 100 kph (62 mph), the legal max speed to tow it in this country.

This Swedish PAV is a good site to get parts, as are these eBay stores = Jawa Power Ersatzteilhandel and Ost2Rad.de

This Vespa PAV Replica trailer on eBay looks good at ?300 to ?550 (cheaper than a PAV).
It looks very similar to the Single Wheel Trailers on F2 Motorcycles website.
The wheel looks bigger and will give more choice of tyres.

Thanks for the links Penfold! Rather you hadn't showed me the Pav Replica one though.....I might have gone for that instead....but anyway...:wink:

Thanks for the links Penfold! Rather you hadn't showed me the Pav Replica one though.....I might have gone for that instead....but anyway...:wink:

These PAV's are like buses.
You wait for one and suddenly a few come along at once! :redface:

Rob, how about putting a little feature together for the 'Quin? I'm sure it would prove interesting to all readers ('cept mebbe to those who prefer to put the bike on the trailer!!)

Rob, how about putting a little feature together for the 'Quin? I'm sure it would prove interesting to all readers ('cept mebbe to those who prefer to put the bike on the trailer!!)

Good idea M8; I'll make sure I take pics as I go along.:)

Looks like exactly the same as these ones here

But Penfolds are over ?200 cheaper!

Yes, they do look the same. I've got a permanent search on eBay for PAV bits for my PAV 41 (rubber shocks), that's how I found them.

Snowflake,s PAV 40 (spring shocks) looks to be in excellent condition should be easy to fix up.
Looks like it will also need a stamped up info plate to make it legal.
Also, all trailers are supposed to have a red triangle on the back (one per wheel). I am going to make one out off red reflective sheet and stick it to the mudguard (fender) of the trailer, as a proper trailer triangle would spoil the look somewhat.

The parts for the PAV are easier to get now, when I got mine the tyre and rubber shocks where all perished and took me ages to get bits. I've got them now and also a tow bar (Freewheel) secondhand off eBay for my Dyna, so hopefully I'll get mine together later this year.

hi.
seen something nearly the same on F2 motorcycles web site. If its any help. on the back of an enfield.

badger.

Trailer ready, hitch still to sort.
Photos here:

DSC00379-1.jpg

DSC00380-1.jpg

....that bit of string might not be a very good tow rope for the trailer :D :D :D
Looks good, will it be at the International next week..... assuming the string lasts the journey....:60277EB7B04744289C0

....that bit of string might not be a very good tow rope for the trailer :D :D :D
Looks good, will it be at the International next week..... assuming the string lasts the journey....:60277EB7B04744289C0
Sadly not.....moving house, so not getting about much for the next few weeks,:wink:

Nice job 'Flake, will it make you qualified to drive those articulated buses now? (look forward to you giving us a spin round a rally site in it!)

Can't you just bend that bit of shiny iron down and hook it on to that :D :wink:

Back