Spring meet day in Fort William

I'm proposing to organise a Saturday informal meet in Fort William town centre on either April 15th or 22nd (tbc) The 15th is Easter Saturday, so it could be either perfect or rubbish. The main aim for me, is to try to recruit some new members from the large number of Harley owners in our area. I would hope for a good turnout from Region 1, with our neighbours in Region 2 and elsewhere very welcome. The event could be be located on the Viewforth car park in the town, close to cafes and public conveniences - for those of us with 20 minute bladders.

I would appreciate your feedback on the date and location. It is aimed at being a late morning to mid afternoon get-together, to showcase our bikes and our club to potential members and to passers by of the general public. Your support is required please folks

Re: Spring meet day in Fort William

Hi Chris. Sounds good to me as long as we're not snowed in. You know what the weathers like up here! May need reminding closer to the date though. Be good to get a few pics also for the Quin.

I'm proposing to organise a Saturday informal meet in Fort William town centre on either April 15th or 22nd (tbc) The 15th is Easter Saturday, so it could be either perfect or rubbish. The main aim for me, is to try to recruit some new members from the large number of Harley owners in our area. I would hope for a good turnout from Region 1, with our neighbours in Region 2 and elsewhere very welcome. The event could be be located on the Viewforth car park in the town, close to cafes and public conveniences - for those of us with 20 minute bladders.

I would appreciate your feedback on the date and location. It is aimed at being a late morning to mid afternoon get-together, to showcase our bikes and our club to potential members and to passers by of the general public. Your support is required please folks

Hi Chris - Good to see a post in "Region 1 - North Scotland" - for a change..!!

What an excellent idea.

I would be more than happy to support you in your efforts, come rain, hail, or shine - and it'll probably be all 3..!!

Hopefully others will come on board with your plan and support your efforts.

Maybe 2017 will be "Year of Region 1"

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Sam

I'm up for that will try and rally the troops around my area but we are swamped by the hog lot here in aberdeen

Likewise, count me in ,and Paula is itching to show off her Harley,will do my best to drag a couple of others along too . Should get Donald along and there are 2 new guys in the area might be up for a good ride

I'll more than likely give you a shout nearer the time Stof and ride with you

Cool with that Russ, you've pretty well got to come past my door anyway

Fingers crossed I make it this time Chris. Work always seems to rear it's ugly head every time I try to do something. Getting fed up of only using the bike for work. Don't seem to have had a run for fun for ages.

72215045.jpg Further info: The venue at the Edinburgh Woolen Mill is now booked from 10.00 onwards and we'll see how the morning progresses. The manager has promised reduced prices in the restaurant, where they already have a good value offering of food and beverages to suit all tastes. The toilet facilities are of course also available.

The objective of the event is to be a 'Meet & Greet', aimed at recruiting some new members from around a dozen or so local H-D owners - quite a high density for a town of 5000 people. Visitors are cordially invited from all points of the compass and are promised a hearty welcome to one of the most spectacular locations for a club meet anywhere in the UK.

Spring meet day in Fort William

Some R2 folks thinking of making the trip. Evening entertainment.?

Doubt we'd make 10:00. Mair like midday. Considering an overnighter camping at Glen Nevis.

Windy

Livin' the dream.

Okay mate, if you guys will take the opportunity to come up, I will definitely take the opportunity to expand the event into an over-nighter. Glen Nevis Camp Site is open from March 15th, so that would be a good place to go. Leave it to me and HogHog to sort out some eats and stuff. Bear in mind there's nae midges until later in May, so we might even sit ootdoors! Watch this and other spaces for updates. Keep an eye in the R1 Facebook group an'aw.
Some R2 folks thinking of making the trip. Evening entertainment.?

Doubt we'd make 10:00. Mair like midday. Considering an overnighter camping at Glen Nevis.

Windy

Livin' the dream.

Last edited:

d8750f731bfb6184f5c44eb77086e034.gif

Windy

When I go I want to go like my grandfather, in his sleep.

Not screaming, like the passengers on his plane.

Quite fancy making it an overnighter. 3 hours each way so would be nice to chill for a night then set off back next day.

Quite like that idea myself , I can hear the Clachaig calling ! But only if Chris can guarantee there will be no midgies

Red Squirrel and Clachaig. Nae midgies in April. They are still sharpening their teeth.

Windy

When I go I want to go like my grandfather, in his sleep.

Not screaming, like the passengers on his plane.

How the hell are you going to get that tepee on the back of Paula's bike now you haven't got the combo Stof?

Back