Spring meet day in Fort William

Re: Spring meet day in Fort William

Yeh chris posted me about this last week or so and we have a few interested from down here. We're not coming all that way just to go home again the same day so We'll be camping somewhere local hail or snow lol

May have to consider a slightly more bijou accommodation Russ , and I reckon it'll be strapped on mine this time !

How the hell are you going to get that tepee on the back of Paula's bike now you haven't got the combo Stof?

Let me know what you want Davie and I'll sort it for you. Glen Nevis camp site has a decent bar nearby where they serve grub, so that'll come in handy if the snshine turns liquid
Yeh chris posted me about this last week or so and we have a few interested from down here. We're not coming all that way just to go home again the same day so We'll be camping somewhere local hail or snow lol

Thinking about your tent situation Stof, I bought a Vango Stelvio last year. Maybe you've seen one? It's designed specifically for motorcyclists, being roomy enough to stnad up in - well for folks our size it is anyway, and has a useful garage space that can double as interior storage or for indoor catering. I got mine on EBay for ?199, so it's excellent value. My only criticism is that it's quite heavy to sit on the 'bars, but I manage with my old bike, so you'd be fine.
May have to consider a slightly more bijou accommodation Russ , and I reckon it'll be strapped on mine this time !

I will defo be there if the date is confirmed so I can get time off work, be good to meet new faces.

I will defo be there if the date is confirmed so I can get time off work, be good to meet new faces.

Looking forward to meeting you too :angel: I think that date Saturday 22nd April is definate. Chris will confirm for you.

Brilliant, I will make sure I have the day off. cheers.

I must wear my glasses more often. I was wondering why you'd want to meet new faeces

We're all set for the meet location. I've been in to see the manager at the woolen mill a couple of times and he's very enthusiastic. He's going to put out printed flyers round the neighbourhood and has promised us some free drinks and refreshements. We've got a corner section of the car/bus park to ourselves, so we'll set up a tent (Sam, we can finalise on thei soon maybe?) so that if it pees down, we've got some shelter. Who's up for a run to Mallaig in the PM?

I'm up for the run to Mallaig, never been there.

Chris I am hoping to make the meeting and a run to Mallaig sounds really good. I was going to make it an overnighter or 2, but not sure if it will B&B or camping.

Hi Thomas. Sorry for the late reply. If I were you, I'd hedge my bets and go for a B&B. We could be lucky and get a lovely weekend and then you'll hate me. If, on the other hand, it's cooler - like Baltic - I'll be your hero. It's 50/50, but personally I'd go for the guaranteed comfort option.
Chris I am hoping to make the meeting and a run to Mallaig sounds really good. I was going to make it an overnighter or 2, but not sure if it will B&B or camping.

Hi all you guys in region 1
We had our region 2 AGM on tuesday and happy to tell you that we are still up and running like a well oiled 45'
Good news is that you can expect about 10 of us up to meet you on the 22nd April
Looking at the logistics and expectations of the day we have decided to get lodgings in FT William rather than the usual region 2 hard line of camping out:encouragement:
This means we can spend the day with you in town and do whatever ride you fancy to Malliag etc then be able to get fed and watered in Ft William in the evening with out worrying about riding the bikes to a campsite somewhere
Looking forward to it :triumphant::very_drunk:

Is anybody travelling from Inverness to Fort William in a 4 wheeled (or more) vehicle between now and 22nd April.? There's a couple of things I have here in Inverness that Chris needs for the Meet & Greet.....

Is anybody travelling from Inverness to Fort William in a 4 wheeled (or more) vehicle between now and 22nd April.? There's a couple of things I have here in Inverness that Chris needs for the Meet & Greet.....

There must be someone heading down the road...? There's 12,000 vehicles per day on that stretch...!!!

Trying to keep co-ordinated, Region 2 guys staying in town, others camping in Glen Nevis, so we'll decide where to meet on Saturday evening on the day, whatever suits the majority. Keep an eye on here and on Region 1 Facebook page for updates please

Back